Minimum wage related question

bubs999

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the deal is, in relation to the minimum wage and commission from sales?
For example, if someone has a job that the basic pay is less than the minimum wage, but they can boost their page with sales based commission.
They would have a contract for a 40hr week and get paid monthly

I have used Google and can't find a definitive answer

From Acas:

Commission counts towards minimum wage.

Your total pay including commission must give you the minimum wage each time you're paid.

Your employer must 'top up' your pay if you have not made enough commission to earn the minimum wage.

They're usually my go-to for employment questions.

From Acas:

Commission counts towards minimum wage.

Your total pay including commission must give you the minimum wage each time you're paid.

Your employer must 'top up' your pay if you have not made enough commission to earn the minimum wage.

They're usually my go-to for employment questions.

Thanks for that. She will be under minimum wage, but only if she doesn't sell 1 house a month, which should be OK 👌

Thanks for that. She will be under minimum wage, but only if she doesn't sell 1 house a month, which should be OK 👌
She can never be under minimum wage - well that is my understanding. Same for restaurant staff and tips.

The employer can pay less and provided commission or tips take the employee over minimum rage they can leave it at that. But if commission/tips is not enough the employer must make it up to minimum wage as a minimum.

That is my understanding any way, but that was from a few years back so it might have changed since.

Cheers,

Nigel

She can never be under minimum wage - well that is my understanding. Same for restaurant staff and tips.

The employer can pay less and provided commission or tips take the employee over minimum rage they can leave it at that. But if commission/tips is not enough the employer must make it up to minimum wage as a minimum.

That is my understanding any way, but that was from a few years back so it might have changed since.

Cheers,

Nigel

It is still the same according to the second post.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom