minimum speaker distance

frankie13

whats the minimum distance for 7.1 side surrounds from rear backs, is 1meter enough or should i move them a bit more forward

fayeanddavid

Distinguished Member
whats the minimum distance for 7.1 side surrounds from rear backs, is 1meter enough or should i move them a bit more forward
Would depend on your listening position I would suggest.

The sides can be either side of you (especially with rears in play) or slightly behind you; if that can be accommodated then that should fix the final position for them

If this was the case what would then be the distance; not that I am sure it is relevant as long as the basics are adhered to?

frankie13

seating in middle of room say 1meter from back wall, sides level with me is this enough space or should i move seating forward along with sides to about 2meters

fayeanddavid

Distinguished Member
frankie13 said:
seating in middle of room say 1meter from back wall, sides level with me is this enough space or should i move seating forward along with sides to about 2meters
Need also to think of your viewing distance, you haven't mentioned that, but one to one and a half metres should be fine.
If you can experiment with those distances before finally fixing would be even better.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom