Minimum Mac spec for HD video editing?

jonnymorris

Novice Member
Hi,

Before I go and spend a huge fortune on an HD camcorder I'd like to know that my computer system is capable of editing the footage, so what would people recommend for a reasonable Mac setup? I doubt that my 1.83GHz Core Duo iMac will cut the mustard to be honest, but what about my 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo MacBook? Would Snow Leopard make a difference when handling such large volumes of video data, or do consumer camcorders not output as much as I am expecting? I want to keep quality as high as possible.

Also on the same lines, what final delivery medium should I be looking at for HD content? Am I limited to Blu-Ray to replace DVDs? Presumably I could also convert down to a very high quality DVD, would this be any better than a recording made using miniDV in a Standard Definition camcorder though?

chrishull3

Hi,

Before I go and spend a huge fortune on an HD camcorder I'd like to know that my computer system is capable of editing the footage, so what would people recommend for a reasonable Mac setup? I doubt that my 1.83GHz Core Duo iMac will cut the mustard to be honest, but what about my 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo MacBook? Would Snow Leopard make a difference when handling such large volumes of video data, or do consumer camcorders not output as much as I am expecting? I want to keep quality as high as possible.

Also on the same lines, what final delivery medium should I be looking at for HD content? Am I limited to Blu-Ray to replace DVDs? Presumably I could also convert down to a very high quality DVD, would this be any better than a recording made using miniDV in a Standard Definition camcorder though?

Recommended Spec and software for mac mini to do video editing - Mac-Forums.com

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...editing&meta=&rlz=1R2SNYK_en-GBGB332&aq=f&oq=

as well as BD You have the option of avchd discs 35m single layer and over an hour on double layer DVD blanks but only blu ray or ps3 players will play them.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LCD TVs for Movies, Laser Projectors, RIP Ennio Morricone, AV & Movie news, B+W Matt Damon
Top Bottom