Wanted MiniDSP 2x4, DCX2496, or other parametric EQ

Discussion in 'Home Cinema & Hi-Fi Classifieds' started by high76, Jan 12, 2019 at 10:59 AM.

Tags:
  1. high76

high76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Looking for a way to manage multiple subs better than with Yamaha YAPO alone. Open to various options/products.

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

2. high76

high76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Still looking

3. pws

pws

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +191
    Interested in a DEQ2496

£75 delivered.

Got it as a spare and not used.
    The screen used to flicker when cold but once warmed up no issues :)

4. high76

high76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Certainly interested.

If it’s not used, and the screen used to flicker, have you plugged it in recently to see if it’s still alive? I’ve been reading that these Behinger units don’t have the greatest reliability records.

Does it come with rca to Xlr cables?

5. pws

pws

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +191
    Hi

Yeap...its all working and is fine :)

I can did out some cable...I think they are 2m long.

I bought it to eq a second system and used it for a few months then got an audessy Multeq to replace it...already have the audessy unit and the mic kit so thought wjy not..........

6. Alaric

Alaric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    I've got an SVS AS-EQ1 - Avforums Review
    Also an end user review

It's sat in my rack as I replaced it over Christmas with a Minidsp 2x4HD using REW to time align my subs and play with BEQ.

The EQ1 was a great dual sub solution and easy to use, but since adding Dirac in a DDRC-88A there were issues in stacking filters and the more automated way it does things. One of the best subwoofer EQ systems.

They're pretty rare in that they don't come up too often and I searched for a year or so for an older iteration of my system where it made a huge difference.

Would be looking for £200.

Lee

7. high76

high76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks, chaps!

Decisions. Decisions. This is a tough one.

DEQ - need to use REW and MSO to setup the machine. Will take time and effort to setup appropriately. Can serve as a DAC. Isn’t limited to LF. Satisfies my desire for cool dancing LEDs and RTA graph. Made to work with pro audio gear. Cheaper.

AS-EQ1 - made for LF; so can’t be used for generic equalisation. Set and forget. Great reviews. Unobtrusive so won’t scare wife; she’ll never notice it! Made to integrate with an AVR. A bit more dough.

Both are great offers, but I need a bit of time to think about it and decide if two subs will satisfy my bass lust! These devices will cater up to two subs, no more. And then I am back here in this forum looking for another DSP. :D

I’ve also thought about getting a fanless pc or raspberry pi with a convolver like brutefir, but it seems like the sound cards in my laptops don’t have great frequency response in the ultra low bass region, so haven’t been able to play with the software to see if is suitable.

Decisions. Decisions. :thumbsdow

8. richardsim7

richardsim7
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,087
    I have a Behringer DSP1124P if that would be of interest to you - £40 delivered