1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minidisc Repairs

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Albo1960, May 11, 2005.

1. Albo1960

Albo1960
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if this is the right place for this thread but can anyone help me with details of someone who can repair my sony minidisc - preferably cheaply! I'm not sure what is wrong with it but it doesn't want to work.

I guess it will be a send off solution but if they were in North London all the better

thanks in advance

Albo

2. yonny

yonny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go to a store that sells sony products and ask where u can find a official sony suport centre

3. mrtbag

mrtbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    All sony portable audio products are now repaired centrally by sony. Call Sony on 0870 240 8060 and they will tell you where to send etc.

4. RainFX

RainFX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had my MD player repaired by Sony shortly before Xmas. Relatively quick and painless - they fixed it and turned it around within about a week and a half, kept me updated throughout (yes we've recieved it, yes it's fixed, etc).

Postage was free (so all you need to do is find a box and good packing material).

Price was about £77 (fixed-price repair, so that's what you'd pay whatever needs doing).

So they're not too bad. YMMV, depending on what MD player you have, etc.

5. Albo1960

Albo1960
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks but the fixed price is really high - you can get a new one for way less (albeit not the best kind). It's galling to have something that lasts less than 2 years and then might as well be replaced because it costs so much to repair.

6. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,224
    well, expensive in that the price = half a new DAP