1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minidisc Receiver

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by Spudster, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Spudster

Spudster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm hoping someone can help me here, i have recently bought a '97 VW polo.
    It came with a Kenwood KMD-671R Minidisc Receiver. Im not too up on stereos :confused: but want to improve mine as this is my first car and want it to sound good. :thumbsup:

Is this head unit a good one to keep? If it is what speakers should i go for in the front doors and back? :lease:

Nick

2. robertcohen

robertcohen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The MD player you have does not support MD recording in Long Play (Stereo) but if you do not use that facility in your portable player then it should be no problem. Kenwood were doing some excellent deals on mini discs with 10CD-Autochangers but you be looking around £230/£300 for them both which is a bargin as the unit alone would cost just that.

Speakers is a personal affair however again Kenwood 6 x 9 150w would do nice on your rear parcel shelf however you need an amp to get a good kick from them, and in your doors conponment 3 way 150w would do the trick.

I have the last top of the range 2004 model kenwood did on MDs and I am so happy with it that I would not have a CD or tape loading unit in my dash even for FREE!

As for iPOD, the quality will always depends on it source, i.e MP3 downloads on the internet can vary various quality records, however straight from CD you be ok.