MiniDisc Charger and Connection Cable

E

elmothebluemini

Hello,

My Dad has recently given me a panasonic sj-mr220 minidisk player. It dosn't have a chager or connection cable. I have borrowed a sony minidisc charger off a mate but i need my own. As the sony one works on my panasonic i assume all minidisc chargers are the same?!but i don't know. But basically i need to get hold of a charger that wil work with my MD. Wondered if anyone had one they could sell to me or if anyone knew of a place i coudl get hold of one? Also i have no connection cable for it to connect to my computer, it doesn't appear to have a USB port on the MD it has a OPT/LINE IN hole and a MIC hole. What do i need to get/do to get music onto my disks. and where do i get the cable from?
My MD is a bit useles without this stuff lol. So i'd really appriciate the help.

Thanks very much indeed!

Robin :)

Hello. Not sure about the adapter/charger - the MR220 specs (see here) indicate you should be using 1.8 V (Sony's are usually 3 or 4.5 V). You should get a universal adapter from Maplins or Dixons etc. with the correct voltage...

Also the MR220 is not NetMD, so doesn't have any facility for downloading music from a PC via USB. Your only option is to record in realtime from a line out or optical out jack (on a CD player/PC soundcard), as long as you have the right output connectors on your equipment. Obviously you also need some blank minidiscs.

Again, you can get stereo line cables or optical cables fron Dixons or Maplin for a few pounds...

Hi,

There is a way to plug a PC into a non-NetMD minidisc recorder, using a Sony PCLK-U5, which sadly is now discontinued. It records in real-time but basically sends files from USB to mini-toslink.

Some details here: http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/1131

I was going to list mine on ebay in the next week as I have bought a new one, but if you are interested, let me know!

Thanks

Andrew

i have the same problem but its the battery is 1.2v the charger can be a 1.8 dc and the connection is tiny

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom