• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

mini-vga and underscan

DIPESH14

im trying to connect my iMac (G5) up to my Sony LCD- which works fine through a mini vga to vga adaptor except when it is connected the image on the mac decreases and has black bars all the way around it in addition to squashing all the desktop icons together.

The image on the LCD is ok- is there anyway to stop this happening to the mac? ive heard of switchresX but unsure of how it works :confused:

D

Deleted member 27989

The resolution of the external LCD is lower than on your Mac screen...So either do not mirror the screens and then they can both run at their native resolution, or you can scale the picture up on your Mac so that it uses the full screen....it is all in Preferences/Displays

DIPESH14

thanks, thats what it was, the LCD will only output at a max of 1024 x 768 but the iMac is a little higher. It wont let me mirror the screen (I have leopard but it wont do it on a ppc machine) - is there a third party software that might do it instead?

I tried knocking down the res on the mac but everything looks really big and i dont want to leave it on that!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom