1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini TW100 shootout at my house! (maybe)

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Shockabuku, May 24, 2002.

1. Shockabuku

Shockabuku

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    Those nice chaps at AV Sales continue to be a top bunch...Matt is trying to arrange for a TW100 demo unit to be sent to me for some serious playing/tweaking/reviewing. It'd be a great opportunity to feed it through the HCPC alongside my Panny AE100. Particularly because I now have the exact Powerstrip settings (as provided by Epson) for the TW100.

I don't know dates yet, but if anyone is interested in popping over to Oxfordshire to join in, I'd be only too happy to host a mini shootout. Also, for anyone who hasn't seen the AE100 tweaked up with the FL-D filter, here's a chance. I may even provide beer & snacks. Lemme know if there's any interest.

Cheers,

Mark.

2. Kane D Williams

Kane D Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hey Mark!

I'd be up for it, providing it is at a weekend and I'm not working? If it is in an evening, I may still be able to make it, but as I don't have a car on the road, I'd have to get a train and I may not be able to get one back? Unless anyone else from the Kent area is interested and I bum a lift and share the petty money?

Those settings look different from those others we had right?(Morpheus's). I've posted them on AVS and here.

If I can't make it, I hope it all goes well! I really want to see this thing giving its best!

Cheers Kane

3. Shockabuku

Shockabuku

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    Good news...Matt has confirmed that I can have the pj from Friday 7th June through to Monday 10th June. So, either Saturday 8th or Sunday 9th sound good. I'm happy with either...depends on who would like to attend. Any preferences, Kane? It'd be a nice day in the countryside too...we live in a quaint little village...with a pub next door!!! ;)

Oh, and if anyone has a DVI cable, they'd be especially welcome :D

4. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't forget to take some pictures!, if I get some time I'll do a list of things to try out.

Also do you have a grey screen or are the blacks that good on this projector?. Kane posted the settings for powerstrip so at least we can see what this projector can really do perhaps?!.

5. Shockabuku

Shockabuku

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    My screen is pretty neutral in tone. As you can see from the pictures on my website, I needed something quite specific, so a choice of material wasn't really possible. Having said that, it's pretty good as it is (once I put the filter on the Panny anyway).

Will remember to take some pics. I'll borrow my mate's camera this time coz mine seemed to have a problem with those sort of pics.

6. nelson

nelson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Mark,

I would be more than grateful for a chance to see the TW100 in action. I had hoped to make the shootout and meet up with everyone, but other commitments got in the way that prevented me from making it.

However, I can make that weekend, any day, anytime and Oxfordshire is much nearer for me than the shootout venue.

I was planning to visit av-sales in the next couple of weeks specifically to see the TW100 as I am still very interested in this unit, but wish to see exactly what it is capable of before handing over money. This would be a much better journey for me, if you have space for another body!

I saw that you were unable to test out component feed with this unit because of a rolling picture problem, which apparently may be due to Macrovision. I could bring my modded Tosh SD510E to test out the component if you wish, as this should be Macrovision free.

Let me know if I can join your guest list and also if you want me to bring any consumables of the food/drink variety along.

My cheque book is getting all excited again!!!

7. johnm60

johnm60

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi Mark
    I would certainly be interested in coming along. I am an AE100 (from the av-sales boys) with HTPC owner.

Not sure what I can contribute, but I do have an Olympus 3M pixel digital camera - though I have found it really difficult to get good pictures of my PJ.

Cheers
    John

8. Shockabuku

Shockabuku

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    Agggh! Am I in the doghouse or what?! I was "reminded" that that's my girlfriends birthday weekend :eek: (her b'day is on the 10th), so I'm gonna have to see if I can postpone until the following weekend, provided Matt can arrange the demo unit for then. Sorry everyone, will give you an update as soon as I know for sure.

9. RichardH

RichardH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ooooops!
    I may well be interested too, Mark - also to hear the M410 in action feeding your power amps.... (I'm getting closer to going the same way myself....)

I'd be coming from Hertfordshire, so if any lifts needed from this neck of the woods...
    R

10. Hoglet

Hoglet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi Mark,

I'd be quite interested in coming along. Let me know when you have a firm date in mind.

--- Dave

11. Beamer

Beamer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi Mark

If you can cope with the number of interested parties I would like to throw my hat in. I have been looking at the Sony but would like to see the competition before making any decision.

Chris

12. Shockabuku

Shockabuku

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    Got a new date! Please see the new thread I've started.