Question Mini system upgrade option

Muzzy5

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I am looking for suggestions for a receiver to replace a cheap JVC mini system. My listening is split between DAB, Bluetooth and internet radio as well as vinyl from an AT-LP120. CD is not that important to me but I’d definitely like the option to add a CD separate at a later time. Subwoofer our would also be a bonus. Speakers are Mission LX2s.

Would be great to know if anyone has any suggestions for something in the £200-£400 range. Cheers :)

Used Yamaha RN803? It has everything you want.

Given they're 500ish new in the UK, finding one used for 400 shouldn't be that difficult.

Hi all thanks for suggestions. RN803 is a contender. Does anyone have an opinion on the Onkyo TX-8250?

If you don't need to fill a huge space I'd see if you can get a listen to a Marantz MCR 611. Richer Sounds stock them together with your speakers so a demo shouldn't be too hard to arrange.

If you don't need to fill a huge space I'd see if you can get a listen to a Marantz MCR 611. Richer Sounds stock them together with your speakers so a demo shouldn't be too hard to arrange.

Hi thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I’m quite far from a Richer Sounds so demo isn’t really an option. The Marantz looks good but the limited input options is making me want to pay a bit more for something else. I’ve pretty much decided it’s going to be either the RN803 or TX-8250 just can’t decide between them! Cheers.

I'd go for the Yamaha myself. It's room correction software is a big bonus.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom