1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mini sub - loosening cable connections

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by jimmy_b, Oct 19, 2004.

1. jimmy_b

jimmy_b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

The power cables keep coming slightly loose from their sockets on the rear of my mini sub. The problem is that the natural right-angle connection of a mains lead plug causes the cable to be pressed against the shelf of my hifi rack and this pulls the plug from its socket. I have resorted to moving the sub right to the back of the shelf so that the cables can hang freely off the back of it but this is slightly annoying (and looks silly too!).
    Anyone else had this or a similar problem? Any suggested fixes?

I thought that the best fix might be to invest in some "straight ended" cables where the pins of the plug are parallel with the cable itself rather than at right angles to it. However, I've only found one such cable - the wireworld stratus 5, a picture of which can be found here: http://www.hificables.co.uk/ProductDetails/mcs/productID/11138/groupID/708/categoryID/2380/

Does anyone know of any other (and cheaper!) cables with similar terminations or know of any place where the plugs can be bought on their own and used in constructing a DIY cable?

Many thanks
    Jimmy