Question Mini sound system advice needed.

Fulwood

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Am looking for a mini/micro sound system with CD/Radio/iPhone play capability, will also want to listen to my TV sound (optical out) through it when required.

Am thinking that something like a Denon M41 DAB or a Cambridge Audio One would fit the bill. The Denon gets good reviews, but I'm also thinking of the CA One as have owned CA equipment in the past and been very pleased with sound & performance.

Wonder what speakers you'd recommend? The Denon comes with reasonable ones, but I've previously used CA Minx Min21's and subwoofer in my previous much larger house. Could go down that route again if both amps capable of driving such a setup, but with just a stereo pair and sub.

Any advice/comments appreciated, thanks

Last edited:
The CA One is the most grown up of them.

It has a much better power delivery and current reserve. The one I’d pick straight off.

This combination is a bargain and you already have experience of it so there’ll be no nasty surprises. Comes in white too.

Cambridge Audio One and Minx XL (Black)

Add one of these if you think you’ll need a sub...

Cambridge Audio SX120 (Black)

Although for £70 more you’ll be able to buy the BK Gemini. An amazing sub for a silly price.

BK Gemini II Subwoofer in Black 5060403220004 | eBay

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
The CA One is the most grown up of them.

It has a much better power delivery and current reserve. The one I’d pick straight off.

This combination is a bargain and you already have experience of it so there’ll be no nasty surprises. Comes in white too.

Cambridge Audio One and Minx XL (Black)

Add one of these if you think you’ll need a sub...

Cambridge Audio SX120 (Black)

Although for £70 more you’ll be able to buy the BK Gemini. An amazing sub for a silly price.

BK Gemini II Subwoofer in Black 5060403220004 | eBay
Spot on, that's what I hoped to hear!

Much appreciated. :)
Henry

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Alternatively, if you have a bit more cash, then you could consider these. Remarkable speakers.

Gallo Acoustics MICRO (Gloss Black)

(Priced individually)

Or these. Again quite a special small speaker.

Elipson PLANET M (Black)

Both are available in lots of colours.

Just add a pair to the One and either of the subs.

I haven’t compared the two.

Both have great reputations.

But I think you might like to hear the globe type speakers because of their total lack of colouration. They sound entirely not box like.

In fact they sound like nothing, just music. The size of the image they can make is mighty impressive.

Definitely worth making a journey to Richer Sounds with an appointment to hear both the Gallo’s and the Planets.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom