Mini pace,Panasonic DSB30,Amstrad DRX400 signal results

CheekyKid

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the Mini pace,Panasonic DSB30,Amstrad DRX400.

The pace and panasonic give me 80% quality and 70% strength but the Amstrad gives me only 50% strength and the same quality.That worries me coz ill be using the amstrad abroad(Greece) and I need a good sensitive tuner.Will I have any problems?

CheekyKid said:

The pace and panasonic give me 80% quality and 70% strength but the Amstrad gives me only 50% strength and the same quality.That worries me coz ill be using the amstrad abroad(Greece) and I need a good sensitive tuner.Will I have any problems?

I wouldn't worry, the signal strength indicators can be wildly inaccurate on digiboxes.
Judge it purely on picture......any breakup etc.

CheekyKid said:

YES!!!

I'd be stunned if you get the DRX400 to work in Greece!

Can't you take the Panny DSB30? That's the one to take. :)

A. Dork

Definitely take the Panasonic as it's got the best tuner for fringe areas, that's why there's always a good market for them on ebay - all the ex-pats buy them to take abroad.

Nathan

At the moment I can only take the amstrad with me.I will give it a try.I have a heavy setup in Greece in conjuction with a powerful 0,2dbTitanium LNB and am receiving 85% signal strength from Astra2A and this has been tested by using a professional equipment.
So i hope that it will work good.Also I have read positive remarks about the drx400 in comparison to the older models.

Anyone else baffled? :rolleyes:

Why ask a question when you ignore the answers given?

You've had a dish (professionally?) installed which you know is giving you good signal levels. You ask if you will have any problems using the DRX400 in Greece - we say yes, take the DSB30 - but you can't..... :confused:

Then you tell us you've researched the DRX400 and it's good. :eek:

WHY ASK? :suicide:

A. Dork

I can take any of them but at the moment is more convenient for me to take the amstrad.I'll give feedback once its installed.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom