Mini/micro system for bedroom

Hi,

Best thing to go for is the little Denon 30 CD/ Tuner amp. it wins the What HiFi awards every year. It comes with Mission based speakers for £300 (or without for about £230). Stick the speakers on a pair of 'Atacama' stands and you've got a great little system.

One alternative would be to pass on the speakers (which are fine) and buy a larger pair from Richer Sounds.

brian

Originally posted by lmccauley
I'm looking for a small, stereo amp / tuner / CD system for my bedroom. Don't want to break the bank, so probably no more than around £500. Will mostly be just for background music / morning alarm - any other listening will be on my main system downstairs.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Liam

You forgot to mention that it will be mostly "Barry White" thats playing, need a sub to get the full ooomph of his voice........yeah baby:kisses:

How about the teac 500 or 300 mini? Lovely sound for a mini and now discounted if you look around.

ad

If it's just for background music/morning alarm, I'd save your money and just get a £150-200 jobbie from Unbeatable (or one of the many internet discounters). We have an Aiwa mini/micro which we use for exactly the same purpose - I think it was £120 from Makro - perfectly adequate for that sort of duty - at least IMO - anything more would be a waste.

Originally posted by lmccauley
You know, I am considering getting a pair of Gallos and sticking the sub under the bed... :eek:

Aren't you enough to make the earth move on your own :D

Superfi have a good range of Denon micro seperates at discounted prices.

One CD isn't long enough for what...?

So you're a three CD man - good for you!

I have a five CD Aiwa player in my bedroom, but sadly have never been able to take advantage of all five...

Please tell me you guys are talking about CD singles, right..?

:(

Originally posted by Bapapapa
Please tell me you guys are talking about CD singles, right..?

:(

Liam is. His current record is two CD singles but he's looking for a changer that holds three just in case.

i demo'd the Denon and i thought it sounded flat and boxy. The Teac CR-H100 was great however. The tuner sounded a little more enclosed though.

Thing is, the Teac retails for £300 WITHOUT speakers. However, Moss of Bath(this retailer near me) had £40 off in a sale so i got that with a pair or KEF crestas. Much, much better than the Denon when paired with them.

Does the Denon DM50 have an alarm so you can wake to CD? What do people think of the nakamichi soundspace 1 as an alarm clock, music in bed thing...?

Thanks,
Bruce

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom