Mini (micro) led latest

I think the emphasis is on maybe - haven't even released a 6 series in Europe.

They are losing a huge chunk of business and it's pretty obvious they are not yet a global company - in fact they are nowhere near it yet. This is standard practice for Chinese manufacturers - promise the world and deliver very little.

Sadly very true.

TCL Mini-Led 65X10 is available in France for 2490 €:

Hopefully it will give the big names a kick up the arse to start producing and help keep the price down

I can't wait for a comparison of it vs the Q90r.

Unboxing The World's First Mini Led TV| TCL 8-Series (Q825) Mini-Led TV Unboxing & Setup|

Microled is sadly not going to be mainstream. To difficult and to expensive.
From 2007 and OLED:

TCL 8-Series MiniLED Unboxing and Basic Setup | Taking On OLED

TCL 8-Series mini-LED 4K HDR Roku TV Review | QLED Redefined

Mini LED / Micro LED technology: another 3 to 4 years before its popularization

Hopefully we will see some Sony Mini LED TV's next year.

The input lag and the remote from the TCL are not acceptable.

Hopefully we will see some Sony Mini LED TV's next year.

The input lag and the remote from the TCL are not acceptable.
According to this review the input lag on the TCL 75" is only 21ms.

The review above states that the TV has 25,000 mini-LCDs in its backlight - which sounds impressive.
However, these LEDs are not individually controllable - they are controlled in groups. Vincent Teoh counted 30 horizontal and 30 vertical dimming zones - giving 900 independent zones altogether.

I believe that is more than any other LCD available at the moment. For example, the Samsung 65Q90R has 480 zones - though the 75" version and other sets like the 8k 75Q950R may have more than this. Larger sets tend to have more zones (for example, the 55" Q90R only has 240 zones) so when comparing zones it is important to compare the TCL with other 75" sets.

However, 900 zones does not seem like a great leap forward from what we had before. (More like a quantum leap i.e. a very, very tiny leap.) The Sony 75ZD9 from 2016 had 800 zones (40x20).

Too much sugarcoating on this review. Especially not mentioning the kids toy remote.

TCL 8 Series Mini LED Review-Better Than OLED Half The Price?

Kevin The Tech Ninja
Kevin The Tech Ninja

It sounds to good to be true, but is exciting.
TCL need to invite Phil over for a few days, so he can have a play and run a few tests on this, then he can tell us his thoughts.
If this did come to the UK at this low price, it would certainly get many manufacturers worried. Trouble is then, supply & demand..

Can we expect a different remote for the european market? If I'm correct the EU Version does not support roku.

MiniLED QLED vs OLED 2019 | TCL 8-Series vs Sony A8G TV Comparison | Is this BETTER than OLED?

TCL 8 Series 2019/Q825 QLED TV REVIEW

Seems like the local dimming is far too aggressive and blacks are being crushed quite badly. TCL need to issue a firmware update to address this or they will have an expensive failure on their hands as that is the main selling point of the TV.

They should also have spent a bit more on a decent anti-reflective filter.

TCL 65Q825 Review:

UK PC mag is based in europe or not? Aren't they supposed to review the X10?
With integrated soundbar and better remote.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom