Mini (micro) led latest

The brand royalty days are diminishing I am afraid. Gone are those days where people won't buy stuffs Made in China.

Companies like Xiaomi, Huawei etc. are doing pretty well against giants like Apple and Samsung by churning good quality well spec-ed phones at affordable price.

Hisense and TCL could be a threat to the big guns down the line but I do agree they have to work hard to sell well in Western countries.
Don't forget the trade war! Not mention greed does eventually kicks in

It'll be interesting to see what Sony and Samsung do for their 2020 line up in response to these impressive 8 series specs.

Sony's LED sets have been slipping for a couple of years as they moved towards OLED for their high end. The prices on this TCL 8 series are so low though that they are in the same sort of ball-park as the Sony upper mid-range sets that are still LED like the XF90 and XG90 but completely blow them out of the water specs-wise. Same goes for Samsung. The specs are comparable to and even surpass the flagship QLEDs like the Q90r.

What's the move? How can their upper mid-range LED sets compete with these fully vertically integrated Chinese brands as they start to offer insane value and such high performance? I suppose Sony could buy mini led and repackage it slightly more premium + their top tier processing for LED like they do for OLED with LG panels. Even if Samsung move to their own RGB OLED at the high end, TCL will still eat their lunch at these price points for any LED they still produce.

I'd love to see Sony up their game and offer an LED set at 55 / 65 / 75 that is more like the ZG9 and finally provide an upgrade to their old ZD9 / XE93 / XE94 era sets but I can't see how they could do it at a reasonable price given how expensive the ZG9 already is. Unless of course they're totally ripping us off with the ZG9 and could actually do a similar set much cheaper with tighter margins. We'll see. Sony and Samsung could be completely priced out of the market for 2020. Will be very interesting to watch.

TCL 8 Series 4K QLED HDR Smart TV - Quantum Performance (2019)

TCL 65X10 MiniLED (IFA 2019)

according to the video it will be marketed at the end of 2019 for about 2500 €
hope there will also be a 55 inches

Sony's Crystal LED direct view display system uses ultra-fine micro-LED measuring 0.003 mm² –half the width of a human hair – which are 100 times smaller than traditional LEDs. The display recently received a prestigious 2019 Display Industry Award for "Display of the Year" from the Society of Information Display, recognizing Crystal LED’s unprecedented visual experience. The technology delivers crisp, blur-free moving images with high frame rate up to 120p for razor-sharp motion rendition that is far beyond the reach of conventional video.

Here is the bit I don't understand. Why is it the uLED is so small and yet the size of pixel is literally 100 times the size?

i'm going to follow developments, but i'm happy to wait for micro LED even if its a few years away...but I never say never

Microled is sadly not going to be mainstream. To difficult and to expensive.
NOT too long ago you needed a mortgage to get an oled...
Everything is possible and there are several variation for mini and micro led alongside oled improvement (substrat, qantum filters,...)
It will take time but we will get there fast enough[/QUOTE]

TCL 65X10 MiniLED (IFA 2019)

according to the video it will be marketed at the end of 2019 for about 2500 €
hope there will also be a 55 inches

Let's be honest at that sort of price they aren't going to sell very many especially when you consider that TCL are complete newcomers to Europe and this will be more expensive than OLED. They really should have built their brand up last year by releasing the 6 series in Europe before even attempting to launch a premium product like this.

Might be a great product but I think it is doomed to failure unless they get closer to £1,500 street price pretty sharpish.

Just another badly thought out release from the Chinese companies unless they are simply chasing glowing reviews ....

So are the mini-led TCLs coming to the UK or not? Lots of conflicting info.

I Have emaild and tweeted TCL , but no answer I also asked HDV REVIEWS for info but nothing yet 😡

Only one that has been confirmed in the UK is the edge-lit 400 nit EC780 series. Looks like TCL don't value the European market because thus far they have only dumped their crap on to us.

Not sure why they showed all these products off in Europe if they have no intention to launch them in that territory - but should we be surprised??

wow so they've just ignored the UK?
fine, let everyone just go oled..

TCL X10 mini led are delayed here in Europe. Late Nov maybe.

TCL X10 mini led are delayed here in Europe. Late Nov maybe.

I think the emphasis is on maybe - haven't even released a 6 series in Europe.

They are losing a huge chunk of business and it's pretty obvious they are not yet a global company - in fact they are nowhere near it yet. This is standard practice for Chinese manufacturers - promise the world and deliver very little.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom