For Sale Mini Marty DIY Subwoofer Cabinet (for an 18" driver)

mkohman

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Reaction score
Location (town/city, country)
London
As some of you may know I am in the process of building quad subwoofers and therefore I am having to regretfully move on my Mini Marty. I have spent countless hours in building this beast and making sure I get a professional finish. I am now having to sell it on to someone who I am sure will enjoy it for many years to come. I am including the speakon connector at the back as can be seen in photos and the cable for connecting the driver, so all you will require will be an 18" driver!

I am asking for a reasonable price of £150 (box alone) for all my hard work and time and materials to build this beast.

Box with the 18" Dayton Ultimax Sub Driver as seen in pictures £600 (complete subwoofer)

20190801_221308.jpgIMG_20180205_152832865.jpgIMG_20180205_152851340.jpgIMG_20180205_152927539.jpgIMG_20180205_152940379.jpgIMG_20190715_235430_339.jpgIMG_20190801_221527_921.jpg

Price and currency
£150.00
Delivery cost included
Delivery is NOT included
Prefer goods collected?
I prefer the goods to be collected
Advertised elsewhere?
Not advertised elsewhere
Payment method
PPG or Bank Transfer
Last edited:

mbmapit

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Reaction score
UK
Couple of questions if I may... What are the dimensions please? How low did this go in your setup?

mkohman

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Reaction score
London
Couple of questions if I may... What are the dimensions please? How low did this go in your setup?
Sure.. The sub is 1m tall or long if you place sideways, 60 cm wide or high if you place sideways and I 58cm deep.

I believe it's around 13hz.

I would seriously not even consider selling this as I have put far too much time and love into building it and as you may know I spend a lot of time with my builds and try my best to get a professional finish. The only reason I am selling is because I am going sealed and I have purchased 3 more of these subs for a quad sub setup. I just couldn't have 4 x Mini Marty's lol I don't think my house would remain if I did :) also it would just be too big for my room hence going sealed.

I hope this answers some of your questions.. to give you and everyone an idea of this sub in action please check out a video I just uploaded :)

Last edited:

Arcam_boy

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Reaction score
Birmingham
Hi,

I’m abroad at the moment so only have my phone and poor internet to view things...

Can you tell me what driver you’ve been using in this and roughly how much it’d cost to have the same one fitted as I’d probably just replicate what you’ve done but depends on overall cost with cabinet/amp/driver/collecting

Many thanks

jfinnie

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Reaction score
Norwich
Looks absolutely awesome.
Do you already have all the drivers for your next project and it includes this one which has already been removed? or are you still to get them? Would you consider leaving the driver in it?

mkohman

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Reaction score
London
Hi,

I’m abroad at the moment so only have my phone and poor internet to view things...

Can you tell me what driver you’ve been using in this and roughly how much it’d cost to have the same one fitted as I’d probably just replicate what you’ve done but depends on overall cost with cabinet/amp/driver/collecting

Many thanks
Good morning,

Hope your well. Sure.. Currently I have the Dayton Ultimax 18 inch subwoofer installed. It would cost you around £500 to import after shipping duty and taxes etc.

I can let you have the subwoofer with the driver as it is and the inuke NX 6000DSP (latest model with DSP) all in for £1000.00. You would be basically ready to plug and play and will save you the hassle from ordering and going through all the custom fees and vat palaver etc.....

All the best,

Mehmet

mkohman

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Reaction score
London
Looks absolutely awesome.
Do you already have all the drivers for your next project and it includes this one which has already been removed? or are you still to get them? Would you consider leaving the driver in it?
Good morning.. Yes I have ordered the other three drivers but as I am still building them and in no rush I haven't removed the driver from this one. I will have to re order another driver as I was intending to remove this one and use in my new project but if the potential buyer prefers to have it with the driver already installed which is a perfect match for the box, as mentioned above I can let it go including the inuke nx6000 dsp for £1,000 and if the inuke is not required, then for £650.00 just for the subwoofer driver (Dayton Ultimax 18") and the box.

Last edited:

jfinnie

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Reaction score
Norwich
Thanks, I'll have to get the tape measure out as I hadn't clocked the monstrous scale of this. Looks like a superb buy for someone, it is a credit to you.

Lying down is the only way I'd get it in - does it have feet on the sides or do you have it resting on something in that orientation?

mkohman

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Reaction score
London
Thanks, I'll have to get the tape measure out as I hadn't clocked the monstrous scale of this. Looks like a superb buy for someone, it is a credit to you.

Lying down is the only way I'd get it in - does it have feet on the sides or do you have it resting on something in that orientation?
No problem and thank you :) did you check the video I posted in post #3? It is a true beast :) due to having it on its side I placed it on rubber legs but haven't permanently attached them, if you like I can do that but the reason for not doing this was because you may want to rotate it and have it standing up rather than laying down.

jfinnie

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Reaction score
Norwich
No problem and thank you :) did you check the video I posted in post #3? It is a true beast :) due to having it on its side I placed it on rubber legs but haven't permanently attached them, if you like I can do that but the reason for not doing this was because you may want to rotate it and have it standing up rather than laying down.
Cool, yes the video is quite comical... That toilet roll is like... "my ass is outta here"... lol.
I've just measured up and even lying down I don't have quite enough room for it with the sofa reclined. Looks like I'm going to either have to make something custom wedge shaped, or buy something a bit more usefully shaped (a big SVS tube thing would work lying down).

GLWS - it looks truly awesome for someone with the room.

mkohman

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Reaction score
London
Cool, yes the video is quite comical... That toilet roll is like... "my ass is outta here"... lol.
I've just measured up and even lying down I don't have quite enough room for it with the sofa reclined. Looks like I'm going to either have to make something custom wedge shaped, or buy something a bit more usefully shaped (a big SVS tube thing would work lying down).

GLWS - it looks truly awesome for someone with the room.
Thank you :)

mbmapit

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Reaction score
UK
I would be all over this if it weren't nearly Xmas. I don't suppose you need a server or a load of hard drives do you? I have a HP N36L with 5 x 4TB drives and an SSD (for the OS, legit Windows server) and I also have 12 x 2TB drives and 6 x 4TB drives that I could offer in exchange.

mkohman

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Reaction score
London
I would be all over this if it weren't nearly Xmas. I don't suppose you need a server or a load of hard drives do you? I have a HP N36L with 5 x 4TB drives and an SSD (for the OS, legit Windows server) and I also have 12 x 2TB drives and 6 x 4TB drives that I could offer in exchange.
Thank you for your interest and also for your kind offer with regards to the hard drives but I don't need any (sorry :blush:)

Was it just the cabinet or both cabinet and drive you were interested in?

mbmapit

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Reaction score
UK
Initially it was just the cabinet but then after you offered it with the driver and amp my eyes lit up. I'd love a unit like this but I just can't spare the £ so close to the dreaded money sucking holiday 😞

mbmapit

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Reaction score
UK
Don't suppose you'd be interested in an AVP1?

mkohman

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Reaction score
London
:thumbsup:
The AVP1 will only get you the box I'm afraid and I don't really need it but again thank you for the offer. I am not just saying this because I want you to buy it but believe me there is nothing on the market that you can actually buy in a store that will match the impact and the bass output you will get from this monster sub. If you really want it I am sure we can arrange something. Even if it meant that you pay half now and half later, something can be arranged. I would hate for you to miss out just because xmas is round the corner lol.. Let me know how you want to proceed!

mkohman

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Reaction score
London
Mark, I do have a Brand New inuke NX3000D which I can include in the deal , so the whole package I can do for £900.00 (£500 upfront and £400 after xmas if it's any easier for you? )

mbmapit

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Reaction score
UK
Mark, I do have a Brand New inuke NX3000D which I can include in the deal , so the whole package I can do for £900.00 (£500 upfront and £400 after xmas if it's any easier for you? )
I can do £450 + £450 if that's ok with you we have a deal :thumbsup::D

mkohman

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Reaction score
London
I can do £450 + £450 if that's ok with you we have a deal :thumbsup::D
I will only be doing this on total trust which I am sure you can appreciate. I would need to know when the second payment will be made before I can agree?

mbmapit

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Reaction score
UK
Of course I fully understand and am willing to provide anything you require as a guarantee. I get paid on the 28th every month so is January 28th first thing in the morning ok with you?

mkohman

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Reaction score
London
Of course I fully understand and am willing to provide anything you require as a guarantee. I get paid on the 28th every month so is January 28th first thing in the morning ok with you?
No problem at all :) I agree in that case and would be happy to help you with the setup too :)

Shall we move over to PM?

Latest news

Sky TV offers cheaper Sky Q box with updated features
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Fyne Audio unveils its first home install loudspeaker line up
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Best TVs of 2019 - Editor's Choice Awards
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 18th November 2019