1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini jack from PC to Sansui QR-1500 Receiver

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by roman-r, May 31, 2005.

1. roman-r

roman-r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164
    My father-in-law doesn't have a CD player but his PC is next to his 1970s Sansui QR-1500 Quadrophonic Receiver :D

Thought I could use a mini jack-to-2-phono to run the CD player in the PC to the Receiver.

Thing is the PC's sound is already connected into the screen speakers so wondered if I could use the CD drives headphone socket at the front of the PC to plug into the Receiver.

Didn't want to try it in advance in case I damaged his antique Receiver :oops:

Also need to buy the cable and if I can use this method it would allow me to buy the shortest run and save me buying a mini-jack splitter which at least theoretically would help to make the most of this inferior type of connection.

Any advice gratly appreciated :)

2. Member 34135

Member 34135

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That should work fine, most (if not all) the pc/cd outputs will be line output, if it has a volume control start off with it low and bring it up until you get the correct level.

3. roman-r

roman-r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164
    Thanks for the info.

I'm currently at his house in Denmark, if I ordered one on your website is it likely to arrive by next week Tuesday - 7 days - as I'd like to set it up for him before I go.

Cheers
    Roman

Actually going to try the classifieds as that might speed it up and cut out the possibility of the Danish Customs hitting me with local tax and an admin fee :lesson: