Mini-ITX mobo in Micro-ATX case

jaydee999

I'm looking to use an existing HTPC case to rebuild my HTPC, now that I've taken the old mobo, RAM, CPU and graphics card out. This was partly to re-build/ upgrade my study PC which died on me, and partly because the stuff I've removed got very very hot in this HTPC case, and so I'm looking for a cooler option.
I realise I could go for a Revo, but I'd need an external drive or two to hold all the TV shows and music, plus I already have a nice looking, albeit bigger, HTPC case.

I won't be using the HTPC for recording TV anymore: only music (from HDD) and movie playback (from HDD and/or DVD-ROM), and web surfing, so on-board graphics and dual-core Atom should be enough grunt with less heat.

I'm probably going to go for the Zotac ION ITX F mobo, because it's the only Atom-based mobo I can find with enough functionality to match what I currently need, and plan soon: dual-core CPU; SATA x 3; on-board USB x 4; SPDIF co-axial output; HDMI (future-proofing) and VGA output. I have already established that a mini-ITX mobo will physically fit in an ATX case, but are there any other things that I need to be aware of? e.g. can I still use the standard PSU?

Any advice appreciated.

Jaydee

Dazza1980

Looking at the spec sheet for the IONITX-F-E, it lists a 20 pin power connector, so you are ok with your current psu. ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom