Mini-ITX Case Advice?

Nick_W

Hi All,

I'm doing a new build, which is really simple. i3, 4 tuner tv card, ssd and that's it.

I want a case like the Wesena ones, but with no disc slot on the front. All I want is a power button (no card slots etc.).

Can anyone give me a link to a case that might fit the bill, as I'm struggling to find something ideal :(

Regards,

Nick.

Nick_W

Hi,

Thanks for replying, but no, it's too fussy. Just want a really plain black alu box. I'm not even sure if what I want is manufactured.

Regards,

Nick.

bounce

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
The Shuttle XG41 has the case you're looking for and does specifically state it can be upgraded to a mini-ITX motherboard. The case alone isn't sold though, but it is sold as barebones so it's 'only' £130-140 not £300+.

Black plastic rather than aluminium though and the front is drop down and plain when closed rather than being completely solid.

The only other suggestion I have is to get a rack-mount case and take the brackets off.

Nick_W

The Shuttle XG41 has the case you're looking for and does specifically state it can be upgraded to a mini-ITX motherboard. The case alone isn't sold though, but it is sold as barebones so it's 'only' £130-140 not £300+.

Black plastic rather than aluminium though and the front is drop down and plain when closed rather than being completely solid.

The only other suggestion I have is to get a rack-mount case and take the brackets off.

Hi,

I don't think it supports a PCIe card.

Regards,

Nick.

Monty Burns

The specs list the capability for one but looking at the pictures there doesn't seem any place for it so you may be right, sorry about that.

It may well have a riser card which will turn 90 degrees and allow a PCIe card to be inserted horizontaly.

edit: Ignore that, just looked at the backplane shot and your right! How odd....

Nick_W

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for trying to help out. Looks like I may have to go for the Wesena and fit a Blu-ray drive. I just don't think the case that I want is available :(

Regards,

Nick.

bryanchicken

it has to be mini-itx?

The GD06 from silverstone sounds like what you want, but its mATX

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom