Mini I-pod battery test

gerbilly

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I thought I would test how long I would get from my battery without re-charging.
I had already listened to the mini for about 5 hours. Last night after work I left it playing from 5.30pm (at 3/4's volume level) and left my house this morning at 8.10am and it was still playing.
Now if my maths are correct that is over 18 hours. :smashin:

That's excellent. Does this mean that the latest generation full-sized iPods could be achieving that as well ?

I got 22 Hours from my HD3 playing MP3 320KBs at line out.

That is with a lot of track changing as well.

My mate has a first gen mini and he is lucky to get 2 hours out of it. At least Apple are sorting out the problem now.

gerbilly said:
I thought I would test how long I would get from my battery without re-charging.
I had already listened to the mini for about 5 hours. Last night after work I left it playing from 5.30pm (at 3/4's volume level) and left my house this morning at 8.10am and it was still playing.

And you started working for Apple when?

only had my ipod 2 weeks seems to last about 12 hours which is ok for me

stealther said:
And you started working for Apple when?

only had my ipod 2 weeks seems to last about 12 hours which is ok for me

This test was allowing the pod to play on it own without me changing anything. If I was using it on the go I would expect it to around the 15-16 hour mark.

The Apple site quotes 18 hours battery life for the mini which seems to stack up then.

gerbilly said:
i really dont believe you. and why would you want to test the battery life you will just kill it quicker and you will pay you $100us to replace it :clap:

It's not really wise to insinuate that someone is a liar on your first day of membership is it ;)

koala72 said:
i really dont believe you. and why would you want to test the battery life you will just kill it quicker and you will pay you $100us to replace it :clap:

I dont care if you dont believe me mate because its true. Anyhoo as soon as you buy any mp3 player you are killing the battery by using it, so thanks for stating the bleeding obvious. :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom