Mini fridge interfering with projector plug socket on the other side of the room !!

KHousein90

Hi every time my husky mini fridge compressor kicks in my reviever picture will go off for a few seconds, any idea what's going on ?

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
The fridge temperature control thermostat switch interference suppressor has failed and needs repair.

As switches open and close they can/will spark. That generates wideband radio-frequency interference that will travel some distance. Affecting you and, perhaps, nearby neighbours. A simple electrical circuit will suppress (stop) that interference sparking.

It may be a separate component or built into the fridge controls... a good white goods appliance repairer will know.

KHousein90

Hi thanks for the reply

See it's strange because my lamp also sometimes interferes with my receiver, when I turn it off sometimes the receiver picture turns black for a second or so and that's plugged in the other side of the room

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Same sparking occurs when you switch any current drawing device on/off; lamps often can give problems like this.

Obviously your AVR (or the devices feeding it with pictures - PVR tuner, etc.,.) are being affected by the interference generated.

Digital stream 'upsets' can result in exactly the symptoms you describe. If it is an off-air UHF TV signal source perhaps your aerial signal is weak and needs improving to be more immune to the interference, or the cabling is poorly screened and letting in the interference?

KHousein90

I have a extension cable with 4 outlets and the fridge and receiver are plugged into that as well as other things so maybe I'm overloading it, My receiver isn't of the best quality tbh as anything else that's plugged in isn't affected, I have a ps4 plugged into it and a Sony vw300es, I'm gonna try plugging the fridge in somewhere else and see what happens

KHousein90

Ok turns out it's not the receiver that being interfered with it seems to be the plug socket the projector is plugged into on the other side of the room, if I run an extension cord into another room the projector is fine, anyone have a work around of sorting this will a power conditioner help at all

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom