Mini-DVD player for an LCD setup

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by morleymackam, Jan 21, 2008.

1. morleymackam

morleymackam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Is it possible to get something that would mount on the back of an LCD (32Wl66). Got a bedroom setup with the TV on top of a tallboy and no room for a DVD player (unless it goes underneath - too much weight?)

Any ideas for a solution? In terms of freeview i'll get one of those bush scart jobbies.

2. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,647
    How much you looking to spend? a decent build dvd player should be a ble to take the weight, but that means no super market special jobbies.

When you say mount what do you mean, onto the tv itself or on the wall or something?

You could consider one of the HDD DVD recorders with freeview, these are more expensive than a bog standard model but usualy have higher build quality, as well as upscaling and the obvious advantage of recording progies of the tv and stuff.

3. morleymackam

morleymackam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Currently got a Pioneer 575. I reckon it would take the weight but would probably spoil the look of the area.

I had images of a dvd player around the size of a normal pc drive strapped to the back of the tv. God knows how I hope to get the infra-red siganls around even if it does exist!

4. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,647
    I think LG brought out an add on for one of their LCD's where you could attach different 'pods' DVD or HDD ect... but thats a proprietory thing. Otherwise maybe a vertical dvd system to stand beside the tv might do the job.