mini dv to windows

Pete495

Standard Member
Firtsly hello this is my first post

my problem is with trying to connect my samsung mini dv vp-d371w to windows via firewire

I have tried switching both camera and windows on when connected but always get the same message no device detected.

The forum search shows this same problem over and over but with no solutions.

I have tried on both my home pc and my laptop via express34 firewire card. tried via win xp pro and win vista 64 but to no avail

i need to transfer my daughters first sports day to dvd but grow more and more frustrated please help:lease:

bsuttie

Novice Member
I have found that in a similar situation the problem was fixed by uninstalling the firewire host controller (in Device Manager) and allowing it to re-install itself. That was in Windoxs XP Pro. Might be worth a try.

regards

Brian

BTW welcome to the forum

MarkE19

A very common cause of a camcorder not being found by Windows is a dodgy firewire cable. Try another cable to see if that fixes the problem. Also check in Device Manager to see if the firewire ports are working ok - they will be listed as ieee1394 rather than firewire.
When connected to the PC the camcorder needs to be in replay/VCR mode and not the normal mode used for recording.
Once cam is connected to PC and cam is in replay mode start the program you will use to capture the footage - does the software detect the cam?

Good luck,
Mark.

Pete495

Standard Member
thx for the replies will give it a try, i do have 2 firewire cables so shouldnt think that will be the problem although they have both been stored for some time.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom