mini dv to dvd without computer?

subevo

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi i have a jvc GR-DV7 camcorder which i have never been able to connect to my computer.even bought a firewire card and installed but still no joy.(why the hell do they make it so hard)

i was about to give up but saw a dvd recorder in maplin for £199 which had inputs for a camcorder but was scared to buy it .can anyone recommend this method and if so any particular model.i dont really want to spend this much.

or another thought could i buy a dvd camcorder or whatever and link my jvc to it.

i know the best way is with a computer but i just cant get anywhere.i just want to get it on dvd myself without sending my tapes to a third party. i also have a sony handcam with video 8 tapes as well which id like to convert to dvd.im not interested in getting the ultimate quality just accessability so i can watch stuff easily on a dvd player.any help appreciated.

hi i have a jvc GR-DV7 camcorder which i have never been able to connect to my computer.even bought a firewire card and installed but still no joy.(why the hell do they make it so hard)

i was about to give up but saw a dvd recorder in maplin for £199 which had inputs for a camcorder but was scared to buy it .can anyone recommend this method and if so any particular model.i dont really want to spend this much.

or another thought could i buy a dvd camcorder or whatever and link my jvc to it.

i know the best way is with a computer but i just cant get anywhere.i just want to get it on dvd myself without sending my tapes to a third party. i also have a sony handcam with video 8 tapes as well which id like to convert to dvd.im not interested in getting the ultimate quality just accessability so i can watch stuff easily on a dvd player.any help appreciated.

It is a very pragmatic method and you can still edit the DVD by simply copying or importing it to PC , if you wish
Go for it ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom