Mini DV to DVD-R via a PC?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by crawf1982, Nov 6, 2002.

1. crawf1982

crawf1982

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have recently started playing around with video editing from my digital camcorder on my PC using a Firewire card and Pinnacle Studio 8.

I will probably be buying the Pioneer A105 DVD writer for my PC as soon as it comes out. Will I be able to use this to burn footage from my HDD onto a DVD-R? If so, what software will I need in order to produce DVD-R's that will play back in home cinema DVD players.

I have considered the Panasonic DMR-HS2 for carrying out the above operation, but at the moment the cost is just stupid. Also, a PC is surely a more powerful editting tool than this type of stand-alone unit - isn't it??

Thanks,

Dave

2. JefUK

JefUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    When you have a DVD burner Pinnacle Studio 8 will do everything you need. It will capture, edit, encode. author and finally burn the DVD.

By the way get a DVD+R/RW drive. Unusally PC World have a good deal at the moment - a Ricoh +R/+RW drive for £200.

3. Metric

Metric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the pioneer dvd-r/rw are fine drives, id research the pros and cons of each format before buying.