1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini DV tapes + editing programs

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by mulder, Sep 21, 2003.

1. mulder

mulder
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone know where the cheapest place to buy Mini DV tapes for my sony trv19? I bought some from argos cost me £10 for 2 TDK tapes. i'm a bit confused though as my trv 19 manual keeps going on about tapes with cassette memory but i haven't seen such a thing.
    Also i want to be able to edit tapes etc on pc (via firwire) and then for now convert to vcd any ideas what programs i would need for doing this? (cheapest possible my budget has been taken up buying the camcorder).

2. Duncan Craig

Duncan Craig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Don't get me started on Software, cos I use a Mac so care little about Windoze users.:)

http://www.pricebuster.org.uk
    try this lot for MiniDV tape, £2.29 each, for good Sony 60min.

Bought 40 for a touch over £100

Good Luck.

3. torrent

torrent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Make sure you stick with the same brand of tape (in your case TDK).

Regards software, the cheapest is the one which comes with Windows XP, MS Movie Maker, very limited but at least will do the basics. From there you should perhaps take a look at VideoStudio 7 or Pinnacle Studio 8. Before you buy the software you want to consider future upgrade options for when you perhaps want to venture into the more advanced aspects of video editing, so check out the product's upgrade paths.

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    If you have Windows XP then forget Movie Maker 1, its just too basic. Go to the MS web site and download the free upgrade to Movie Maker 2. Far more features than the origional.
    If you do find you need more features then download the free trial version of Studio 8 from the Pinacle web site.

Mark.

5. torrent

torrent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Mark, I thought Windows XP came with Movie Maker 2 (should have checked first I guess).