Mini Dv Samsung Vpd10 ?

X

xavier

Hi all,

I have got my eyes on this camcorder but...as I am a newbie in digital camcorders, I was wondering if anyone out there who own a SAMSUNG VPD10 would recommend it to others?

Thanks in advance,
Xavier :devil:

It is probably by far the worst camcorder you can get. Samsung really fail when it comes to mini DV's. Read the reviews on simplyDV.com

thanks Eddy, what would you recommend for a novice with £400 in his pockets?

probably the nvds29 (panasonic)
Its quite a good cam. A bit limited in features and connectivity, but its all you can expect with 400 quid unfortunately.
Or perhaps the nvgs1 (panasonic)

cheapest price for this is 325 I think. Check pricerunner.com
IT only has dv out. So you can get your stuff to the pc, but u cant send it back to the cam when youve edited (though this aint the end of the world, you can burn a vcd, svcd, or even dvd, and if you like you can use the tv out on your graphics card (may need a new one) to output it to a vcr or tv.)
the ds30 has dv-in (reccomended you get it if you plan to edit). Cheapest price is about £375.
Gs1 only has dv-out, but it is more compact and looks better and its cheapest price is £400. Go into jessops and get them to price match with whatever cam you choose. Its' better shoppping with a store near you rather than somewhere on the internet. they also give you six months to pay it (interest free) but you wont be needing that if you've got the 400 quid on you already.
hth

Eddie, last but not least, do you get cables and software to export to PC?

I have Premiere 5.1, is this enough you think?

I think you do but I'm not sure. Just search for more information on the net. whatcamcorder.net give a review on the camcorders I think it should telly ou there.
I reccomend you upgrade to permiere 6.0 and then download the free upgrade to 6.02

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom