1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini DV footage to DVD via sony laptop

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by stickymcglue, Dec 30, 2003.

1. stickymcglue

stickymcglue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi .
    i am trying to copy my Mini DV tapes to dvd using firewire to sony vaio PC with DVD burner on board.
    the click-to-dvd software captures the footage fine , the conversion and writing takes ages and the video quality on the memorex DVD+R disks is superb BUT BUT BUT , there are annoying "pops" on the DVD audio that occur every now and then that are not on the original tape when played on board or played thru the s-video link to the TV !?!?!?!
    why are these "pops" appearing and how can I prevent this ,,,ANY IDEAS ???????
    I know its not the camera as I have tried 2 and the "pops" appear at the same place on the footage every copy of one particular tape so it would appear they originate from the source but why can't I hear them during usual play....
    many thanks

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Hi Sticky & welcome.

One thing I can think of that could be causing the 'popping' is:

Does the software create chapters on the DVD. Some progs add chapter points at regular intervals or when it picks up a scene change. The pop could be at the point of each chapter and in that case would suggest to me a problem with the software.

Mark.