Mini-Disk Loading The Wrong Way

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Garrett, Dec 1, 2002.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,850
    I was wondering has anybody put a minidisk in a player that has a tray-loader the wrong way round. I had one go down on me within 3 months of getting mine and the tray would not open(I do not think I did it) and the suppliers just swapped it for a new one, I almost have nightmares about putting on in the wrong way incase this was the cause.

I have had one now over 3 years without doing it, but as I said I was just wondering.

2. KJ_Palmer

KJ_Palmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, never heard of anyone doing that. Of course, with a slot loader, like the MDS-JB980, you can't put the disk in the wrong way anyway :cool: .

3. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    Actually I have just got a new in-car minidisk player and am terrified that I will put a disk in the wrong way, esp. now as it is dark when going to work or home again. I have about a dozen diff. brands of disks and some you really have to stare at to figure out where the front is :(

4. KJ_Palmer

KJ_Palmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you use the spine labels (the really narrow ones), you'll always know that it's the other end that goes in the loader. You can tell even in the (semi-) dark. Oh, and the round metal spindle goes downwards.

5. Mr Cheese

Mr Cheese

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I HAVE put a minidisc the wrong way round in my in-car player. It didn't get too upset - It just didn't load. Pressing the eject button it popped straight out. I'm sure the manufacturers must take this into considerastion.

One nightmare I did have, however was when the metal cover that slides back, got bent on one of my discs. I put that into the player - when I ejected it the metal slider got caught and stayed in the machine! I did get it out after much panic...however since then I make sure there is no damage to any of the discs I use.

Cliff