Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Mini disc sepearte

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by doncorleone, May 7, 2003.

1. doncorleone

doncorleone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hope this is the right forum. Ive just bought a home entertainment system so i wanted to wire up a mini disc sepearte to up. I have been looking at the Sony Mds range, mainly cheaper ones on ebay!

Just wondering, what connectors do i need to copy from a cd player digitally? I wanted to go from my dvd/cd player to my mini disc player through coaxial? Is that possible. Becuase my dvd player hasnt got optical, although my home entertainment system does.

Just wondered if it can be done through coaxial

Cheers :cool:

2. KJ_Palmer

KJ_Palmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Most of the Sony full-size MD decks have coaxial inputs. Only the lower end ones don't - they have optical in only.
    So you'd be looking at the '7**' or '9**' series, eg. MDS-JE770/780 for mid range, JB940/980 upper range or JA-333ES/555ES if you really want to splash out :).

Avoid the 4** series or mini-decks :cool:

3. doncorleone

doncorleone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    right so it is possible to record through coaxial yes?

4. KJ_Palmer

KJ_Palmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, unless of course the source disk has been copy protected, increasingly common nowadays...

5. doncorleone

doncorleone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi sorry mate, one more thing. If the cd player isnt optical is it possible to wire it coaxially to my home entertainment system and then optically to the mini disc?

6. KJ_Palmer

KJ_Palmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, well, yes, that is I'm pretty sure it would be. I think you can send digital signals all over the place with no problems.
    I often go CD (optical) -> CD Recorder -> MD recorder (coax/optical) and record to CD-R and MD at the same time.

Either that, or you could get a coax to optical converter for about £10.