• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Minecraft version question

spencer_uk

hey - sorry if this has been asked before - but i just didn't see it.

My eldest son (7) wants to play minecraft - fine with me! but there are two versions - the one on the Mojang site for 17.95 and the one on the windows store for 7.95. Obviously the latter it more appealing but does anyone know the difference?

Much appreciated.

Spencer.

mozza54

The one from Mojang is basically the 'Proper' PC version that supports mods and customization. Assuming hes a fan of Dan TDM and Stampy and wants to get into the modding scene, that's the one you're probably best with.

You get the Windows version when you buy this one, only way I can describe it, its like the Console and Pocket versions of the game... well last time I fired it up it was.

spencer_uk

thanks for the tip - think I'll go for the Mojang one. He isn't yet too into it - but I am sure that will come ...

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom