Minecraft Part Six

Theydon Bois

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Continued from here.

Details below originally posted by Iccz.

avfminecraft.jpg

img.php

The AVF server is kindly provided by PigSaddle. It can be reached by applying to be whitelisted in this thread and then going to the multiplayer menu within the game and joining avf.pigsaddle.com once you have been added.

Server rules:
Don't modify buildings that were not created by you
Don't take other people's items without asking
Don't give TNT to Iccz under any circumstances!

While it is not a rule, some players don't like intrusive builds on their horizons, some people play on far draw distance and don't like people building in their sight, while it's not a rule it can cause problems and annoy people, so it is advised you scout the local area before building and if someone is local ask them if it's okay :)

Minecraft is a first person game where the entire world is made out of cubes. You gather the various material blocks as resources and use them to make tools, buildings, weapons and many other things from a huge crafting list. At night and in caves enemies appear adding a survival element to the game. Other than that there is no ultimate "goal" but the game is incredibly fun to play and with a little creativity you can create something amazing.

The official Minecraft site:
Minecraft.net

A great video series that shows a playthrough from scratch:

Server Commands:

/help - shows a list of commands you can do

/back - this takes you back to the last place you died or used the /back command from - there is a cooldown timer of 10 minutes on this command.

/me - simple me command for actions instead of chat, e.g.: /me slaps Cookie09

/list - shows online players - tab also works

/afk - sets yourself afk or back

/seen - If you do: /seen <player> it will tell you when they were last online

/tell - to message a player : /tell <player> Hello

/r - reply - quick reply to the last player to message you. So if I message someone they can then do:
/r yes
to say yes back to me

If you want a plugin adding to the server, raise it in chat and we can discuss adding it to the server, though we're trying to keep it pretty much vanilla :)

Plugins we use and how they work:
See this post for videos.

Useful Co-ordinates

Last edited by a moderator:
A quick question.

I'm a complete Minecraft nubcake having never played it until last night where I downloaded a free demo copy on my iPad for my son to have a play. I had a little dabble and thought it was stunning. I'm just about to buy it for the PC but is there anything else I should get? Any addons or mods? Any hints on how to play?

I have seen loads of videos of it. I've seen people build huge versions of the Starship Enterprise and looked at the videos in the earlier threads. It never really interested me until I got my hands on it last night and built a rather woeful looking house :)

Last edited:
As far as mods and stuff you might want to get in on our multiplayer server to get a taste for a few of the more useful ones.

You can get texture packs for pc to change the resolution and look of everything, theyre a simple google away.

The biggest difference is on ipad youre playing creative mode so no bad guys and infinte materials, on pc the main mode is survival, creative is still there but in survival you have to mine for everything, get food and after dark the bad guys come out so you need to be in shelter. Thats the very shortened answer. Consulting the minecraft wiki will probably help a lot. :)

Minecraft on IPad? Sure its not a clone of Minecraft?

Minecraft on IPad? Sure its not a clone of Minecraft?

No theyve officially released the alpha- its just creative mode and no multiplayer for now though, same as on android

When i can jump on a server and play my life will be complete. Tempted by getting a transformer prime with the keyboard. when they do a full fledged version and use the keyboard etc.. would be amazing. 12 hours of gaming on minecraft in a tiny package! woooo

As far as mods and stuff you might want to get in on our multiplayer server to get a taste for a few of the more useful ones.

You can get texture packs for pc to change the resolution and look of everything, theyre a simple google away.

The biggest difference is on ipad youre playing creative mode so no bad guys and infinte materials, on pc the main mode is survival, creative is still there but in survival you have to mine for everything, get food and after dark the bad guys come out so you need to be in shelter. Thats the very shortened answer. Consulting the minecraft wiki will probably help a lot. :)

Well I bought this today and love it. I decided to play Survival mode with zero knowledge of anything, well, what a baptism of fire when the sun set and there were monsters a go-go. I'd googled creating things like a workbench, combining materials to make timber planks, so quickly created a makeshift house, three blocks high and no roof and it was like this for a few nights whilst I mined materials through the day.

Now I'm really getting into it, I have crafted various items like stone bricks, glass (need to find a decent source of coal) and have a nice iron front door with inside pressure plate and outside door button. I love how you create the shape of the item you want in the workbench, it all makes perfect sense, although had to Minecraft-Wiki on how to make the odd item.

I will jump on to the AVF server at some point, but I think I should experiment and get through my initial Minecraft-ing ignorance in private :) For example, I'd spent ages building a lovely house and near soiled myself as one of those green monsters appeared right next to me, blew me to kingdom come along with half of my home. I'm now in the conversion process of changing this all to stone bricks. I have a little cellar area where I have my furnace and workbench and a little mining area for materials. :smashin:

In short, I wouldn't have thought that something that looks so retro could be so completely absorbing. Annoyed at myself for missing out on this for so long.

Its quite the gem, im still learning stuff about it now, since the 1.0 update the game has become huge.

Armour really helps as resistance against creepers, even leather.

Just a heads up you can cook wood in the furnace with wood to make charcoal if you cant find coal fast :smashin:

Its quite the gem, im still learning stuff about it now, since the 1.0 update the game has become huge.

Armour really helps as resistance against creepers, even leather.

Just a heads up you can cook wood in the furnace with wood to make charcoal if you cant find coal fast :smashin:

Yeah, I'd just read that as it seems coal is only really in abundance in the caves and not in the areas I'm making here :) Hats off to some of the people who have created some of the enormous structures I've seen on YouTube .. I can't wait to try this online :)

Yeah, I'd just read that as it seems coal is only really in abundance in the caves and not in the areas I'm making here :) Hats off to some of the people who have created some of the enormous structures I've seen on YouTube .. I can't wait to try this online :)

You on our server bud?!

You on our server bud?!

Not yet mate, just trying to fathom everything out at the moment, I mean I knew what Minecraft was, but knew absolutely nothing about how to do anything and thought it best to make all those mistakes in private :)

As soon as I feel confident I'll jump on, but I just made the mistake of looking at the statistics and achievements and realised just how much you can do in this game.

Oh, and I went out to mine some coal and now I'm lost and can't find my house and the sun is setting fast, lol. :D

When you want to join up let us know your MC name and we can add you to the whitelist :)

Also to let everyone know, I've made a minor change - name colour now changes according to location, when you type your name is shown in green, this isn't a global thing now.

It's still green when in the real world! But if you're in the nether your name will show up as red, then if you're in the end, it comes up as grey.

Trivial little change but it seems fitting :)

the end is not going to be an easy place. I got pushed/sucked in by something when I stood next to it. on the other side is a small obsidian ledge that you can't get down from. you don't see the ender dragons coming either until they are right in front of you.

if you are going to go in, make sure you leave your valuables at the door beforehand, or you'll lose them all.

can someone add the city coordinates to the first post? I keep having to ask for them and forget to write them down.

my base is at -1642, -1599.

also might be a good idea to post coords for portals in the nether. it would make it easier to connect up that way (mine is -205, -193

has anyone had a case of sticky fingers and taken a sta,ck of iron from mine and revans stash?

has anyone had a case of sticky fingers and taken a sta,ck of iron from mine and revans stash?

Not been on, you know you can make chests private

I noticed that as well! Wasn't a great deal of iron, only about 6 blocks from my chest (i think)! Wasn't a stack of mine, but was noticeable as it ruined the way I had layed it all out!

Did you make Iron swords? As there were two iron swords in the chest next to mine where I have been shoving all the random stuff?!

I found two cows last night, but lost one over a ravine!!!! :mad: Stupid lag!!

Need to find another so we can start breeding cows to make leather armour!! :rolleyes:

Chox, where's the fun in that?

Last edited:
Yeah seen everyone has their chests locked. Revan and i don't...

Yeah seen everyone has their chests locked. Revan and i don't...

thats the reason i lock mine... i have 22 Diamonds in my bad boy chest, i cant have that going missing, was a right pain getting them plus my Blaze Powder and a few other bits and bobs

dont like locking chests but always do for ores.

dont like locking chests but always do for ores.

This.

I would usually leave chests open but it seems some people will borrow items from unlocked chests without asking - no idea who but it has happened every time we've had people leaving valuables in unlocked chests.

If I have stuff I don't want people taking then I will lock it in a chest, I usually only have 1 or 2 locked, on this I have 3 in 3 different locations, each with diamond/gold/iron in. Everything else I leave unlocked.

Just bought Minecraft for Andriod.

Cost me 13p

looks like its on offer today.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom