Minecraft help

scott178

Just finished building a gaming PC so my son can play minecraft, everything is running smoothly except he wants to run mod packs from Void Launcher. Every time we try to install the pack we get a error "Could not create the Java Virtual Machine. I have installed the latest 64 bit java went into system preferences and went into Variables and set new Java option value to "-Xmx512M" everything that we can find on google. Is there anyone out there who can help with this please as the hassle I'm getting from a 9 year old is becoming unbearable.

Windows 10
8gb Ram
Asus H81M-E
G3258

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Scott

Theydon Bois

Distinguished Member
Just a quick google - I dont play minecraft, but does this help?

scott178

Thanks mate but that tutorial is over a year old so it's changed quite a bit, but since I posted the thread I have been looking around the web and have found that the latest void launcher is not compatible with version 8 of Java so I have uninstalled it and have installed version 7 instead. Tried the launcher and it looks like it's working I have left it installing mod packs and I'm off to my bed there seems to be a whole bunch of them so not sure how long it's going to take I will check it in the morning. Appreciate the video though

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom