Minecraft and Hamachi

Discussion in 'Computer Software & Operating Systems' started by RichardBoult, Sep 2, 2012.

1. RichardBoult

RichardBoult

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    My boys have started playing Minecraft on our family laptop and they seem to run hamachi at the same time. No matter how often I uninstall it (becasue I don't like it!) it is back on with the same connection in place next time I log on (which means I trust it even less!). How do I get rid ofit once and for all and more improtantly what do people think of minecraft and the whole 'host a server' issue?

2. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,493
    I don't play minecraft so I'm not aware of any specific issues but if you're talking about hosting a server in general then it's nothing in particular to worry about - every time you hit accept on a windows firewall message you're allowing that problem to accept unsolicited messages from the internet.

3. maddogb

maddogb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +195
    Hamachi is a very handy and perfectly legit simple vpn util, nothing to worry about there.

4. Singh400

Singh400
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,370
    It's back on there because your boys are re-installing it. Or the Minecraft bootstrap keeps installing it.