Mindhunter (Netflix) Season 2

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Reportedly Netflix is developing serial killer series, Mindhunter, which hails from David Fincher (House of Cards, Se7en, Zodiac) and Charlize Theron's Denver and Delilah banner.

Joe Penhall (The Road) will pen the script, with Fincher and Theron on board to exec produce.

Fincher may also direct.
The drama is based on the 1996 book Mind Hunter: Inside the FBI's Elite Serial Crime Unit by John Douglas and Mark Olshanker.

Douglas spent decades developing criminal profiling techniques for the FBI and teamed with writer Olshanker for the story of his 25-year career tracking down serial killers.
image.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in!

This definitely could have some legs. Count me in for some more 4K goodies.

I like the trailer.
To me, it looks like this is going to be closer to Hannibal than something like CSI. That's the kind of vibe I get from the trailer. I'll be watching, for sure

Was the first any good. Love Fincher.

episode 1, an ok pilot :boring:
the opening scene, why didn't send a negotiator but an fbi agent :zonked:

I watched the first episode and I really liked it. It's Fincher so it obviously looks gorgeous framed at 2.35:1, I thought it looked very cinematic with some really nice compositions. The 1970's look is spot on. It's the best looking Netflix original I've seen so far.
I thought it had everything I need in a first episode to make me want to watch the next one straight away. But I think I'll save this for next weekend when my Mrs is off as it's something I know she'll also enjoy. After one episode, for me, this is feeling extremely bingeable. It just had me after the first 5 minutes.
This and The Deuce will have me digging out my old flares before I know it

Agree a solid opening episode, looks great and good character driven show.

Be interesting to see rest of the episodes and good luck on them working out the minds of crazy people and trying to be one step ahead.

Fun and strange seeing them using Dog Day Afternoon as a training bible.

Last edited:
I’ve just finished episode 6 and I’m really enjoying it. You can tell it’s fincher through and through and it’s very well crafted. And the little tit bits at the start of each episode are really excellent as I’m sure we’ve all figured out who that is. I’ll have it finished by today I think.

also sending an FBI agent to a hostage negotiation I didn’t think anything was wrong as he is a negotiation teacher I figured he was also trained as a negotiator.

Just watched the last episode and I thoroughly enjoyed the season. Really hope there is a second so we can see more of the character progression.

Really looking forward to how the BTK killer arc progresses.

Watched the first 2 and love it. Great work all round and looking forward to watching the rest

Yep, watched the first two episodes and I'm in. Terrible title however.

This show is fantastic, I'm loving it!

Watched the first five so far over two evenings - excellent, completely riveting. I can’t say enough good things about this show, intelligent script, well acted, a gripping plot, and it looks absolutely stunning. Even though the subject matter has been covered so many times, the quality of the production totally overcomes that. I just don’t know what else I could want from a TV show.

Watched the first 3 episodes and it's got me hooked. Intelligent,stylish, beautifully shot. Mad Men meets Psycho Killer...
I am going to keep this for weekends and enjoy the journey.

Picture quality is stunning in Dolby Vision...:love::smashin:

Went into this without any background knowledge of the show and after 3 episodes, I'm hooked. Love the style and characters are great. Reminds me of the game LA Noire.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom