1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minato DVD RCE compatible?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by UlricVonLichtenstien, Nov 13, 2001.

1. UlricVonLichtenstien

UlricVonLichtenstien

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,

Mistakenly posted this in the amps section - appologies if you've already seen it

Do any of you know if this player can handle RCE once it's been hacked? I doubt it does, but a friend has one and wants to order an RCE disk from the states. Obviously I don't want him to make a mistake, so any info would be apreciated.

Ta in advance.

2. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    do you go to the doctor for him too!? If it's hacked and no other info online, you'll have to try and see - maybe hire one?:devil:

3. UlricVonLichtenstien

UlricVonLichtenstien

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I think :rolleyes:

Seriously, I can't test the player my friend has, as she has bought as a xmas present for her hubby, and wanted to get the disc as part of the gift. Therefore it's all very hush hush, and hence the reason I'm asking.

4. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    So why not get her to open the box - if aint already :devil: - and try it, should check any way to see if ok ;) then reseal. Or take to you to check then she can retape. I mean, it's not like it's a tub of butter that'll have an obvious knife slide in is it!? Be best way of avoiding the 'no batteries supplied' disapointment.:blush:
    Ooh have you looked at dvdforumz.com they may know??

5. RichardA

RichardA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As the hak for the Minato G1 doesn't actually make it region free - you just select the zone you want to use it on - it will play RCE disks no problem.

The hack (in case you don't have it yet) is;
    Open the draw
    press 0 1 1 1 (a star will appear in the top left corner of picture after each press)
    then press 1 for region 1 or 2 for region 2
    (pressing 0 or 9, the usual 'region free' settings doesn't seem to work)
    load disk and enjoy!

I've used my G1 with a couple of known RCE disks without problem ( Charlie Angels, A Knights Tale & Final Fantasy R1)

Hope this helps!

6. UlricVonLichtenstien

UlricVonLichtenstien

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Richard, that just what I was looking for! :D