Min Hardware Requirement ?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Oliv83, Apr 8, 2002.

1. Oliv83

Oliv83

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Ok for the list given previuosly but what's about Computer ?
    What's the min CPU, memory, ...

Is there a computer "type" ?

Moreover, what's the min Sound card (is a basic sound blaster OK ?)

I'm really a beginner regarding HCPC ;)

Thx for all your advices

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm running a basic system at the mo - a PII 400, 128mb and Voodoo 5500 - it's great with the likes of Cineplayer. Pwr DVD ain't so good - whether that's the software or my hardware I'm not certain. If you're starting from scratch the chances are if you're buying new a budget system will do the trick - 2nd hand an el-cheapo PII 400 or above should be OK. I didn't buy my GCard with the intention of using it for HCPC but it's fine. Radeon seem the way to go - £60 ish should get you a 7200. Not sure on the RAM front - I've got a further 256 in another machine I may try, not sure how much is necessary. I will try extra RAM only to see if PWRDVD can work better. For £30 you could get an OEM SBLIve 5.1 - a min spec requirement for AC3 out. Spend 10 or 20 on a basic other card for the extra it ain't worth messin' around IMO.

3. Oliv83

Oliv83

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Rogeralpine

Thanks for all your comments.
    Cheers
    O.

4. tryingtimes

tryingtimes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +531
    Hi Oliv83
    If you are buying new then you will find it difficult to buy anything with too low a spec.

I would see a P3 800 with 256 Mb RAM on an ASUS motherboard and a Radeon as being a good minimum speed but high quality system.

If you want to save money from this then the ECS K7S5a motherboard is a good budget choice. You could partner it with a AMD Duron processor to reduce cost even further.

Hope that helps
    Regards
    Alex