1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mimo, Pf2, PD30.....trying to decide

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Simez, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Simez

Simez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I`m trying to decide which 32" box to buy. I always have a look when I`m in John Lewis and looked at all 3 on fri and still don`t know for sure which one to go for.

I really like the look of the Mimo, the styling is totally different to the others, if it came down to that alone I would buy one. Problem is with the Mimo that it doesn`t do prog scan or have component input does it? The picture did seem good from what I saw on analogue in the shop. The downside of the Mimo is that it`s the most costly and I`d have to spend another 400 notes on the cubed stand (wouldn`t want the cheaper looking one).

The Pd30 and the Pf2 are both good looking sets and had good pictures but I don`t know but maybe after reading all the bad times people have had on here with Pd30`s whether I would want to take the chance. Of the two the Pf2 had slightly the better picture, they both seemed to have a sort of blockey effect around logos on things like cbbc/news, (don`t know what you call it) but the Pd30 did suffer worse. The Pf2 being the best out of any of the sets with the price at £1299 that would seem to be the best route to take but for some reason I`m just not too sure and I know the Pf2 gets a great review too.

Anybody got any advice or anybody got a Mimo? (are you happy with it?)

2. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11

I think you'll find that the 32" Mimo will accept Component via one of it's SCARTS, using the QED AV29 cable. However, it won't accept progressive scan without the optional VGA upgrade board (there's plenty of threads here on using the VGA board with Loewe's if you do a search).

[RANT MODE ON]

Personally I find the stands that come with all TV's totally inadequate for the modern Home Cinema Set-up - not withstanding the fact that the design of some TV's makes placing your centre speaker on top of them problematic at best, most stands only give you room for a VCR & DVD player... not much use if you also need to find room for amp, centre speaker digital STB etc...

Even dedicated AV furniture seems to assume everyone with home cinema is using Cyrus sized seperates and miniature cente speakers - and then they want the best part of £1k for the privalege of not quite catering to your needs...

[RANT MODE OFF]