1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mimo 32 - a couple of problems

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by markfraser, May 2, 2004.

1. markfraser

markfraser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Firstly, a specific Mimo question - how do you get the thing to remember your personal settings like aspect ratio. I keep telling it to leave 4:3 pictures in that ratio but every time I restart it resets. I noticed today that it does remember this in standby mode but is this really the only way?

Secondly, and more generally. I seem to have a couple of 'shadows' near the top of the screen - one on each side. They are probably about the size of a hand. The one on the left has a blueish hue, the other is pinkish. Front speakers (Mission floorstanders) are about 1m from the screen and I have tried moving further with no effect. Centre was just below it but I have moved it today to see if this makes a difference. Also below is a compartment for 4 components in a 2 x 2 arrangement. Immediatly below the TV is a Sky+ unit on the left and a Denon DVD player on the right. Below these I have a Loewe VCR and a Sony Cinema amp. Could one of these be thowing out a massive field which would be causing it? e.g is Sky+ (or another) a well known cause of such problems and as such moving it as far away from the tv as possible will improve the situation

any advice would be appreciated,

cheers

2. markfraser

markfraser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    forgot to mention that the picture kinks up slightly at the right end of the screen too

3. markfraser

markfraser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone? anyone?
    getting a bit desperate . . . .

4. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Try a search on google for the code to get into the sets service menu. you may be able to adjust the bend in the picture. as for the other problem if it is under warranty get an engineer out to have a look.