Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Million Dollar Baby: SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by godzilla, Aug 20, 2005.

1. godzilla

godzilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    After having read on here how great this movie was, I rented this yesterday.

What a crap depressing film IMO!

Poorly developed characters (what did Clint do to **** off his daughter? When did Maggie discover her love of boxing? Why does being blind in one eye mean Morgan is only fit to clean toilets?), unexciting fight scenes as she wins too easily (if pretty horrible "fixing" moments), only OK acting (I've seen better from Clint and Morgan).

Major point re the ending: doesn't that mean Clint becomes murder suspect number one and would have to go on the run for the rest of his life rather than settling down owning a cosy little diner?

Really overrated and only given the accolade it was because it is going to be one of Clint's last movies IMHO.

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279

Although I dont think it is quite as bad as you say, I was very disapointed in this film. I bought it on recomendation and pretty much felt let down when it was finished :(

3. Nebby

Nebby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I really enjoyed this film...and the less said about it (in terms of spoilers), the better.

As to why she wins her boxing matches so easily....well, she's supposed to be **** hot; something of a natural.