miller & kreisel or paradigm

warner7

Standard Member
Reaction score
i have the opportunity to but a m & k mx125 or a paradigm ps 1200a ...as i cannot audition any of theses sub,s .....(secondhand and too far apart, doing it through the post) ......which one would people recommend ???....cheers :lease: :lease:

Very difficult to answer,as you'll get many varying opinions and views,but in the end it's going to be down to your ears,system and room.

It's a real problem buying without even seeing what you're getting,never mind trying it,and I do think that with a sub,it's almost essential,although having said that,I did buy an SVS blind,on the recommendations of people here and elsewhere,and felt quite apprehensive about doing so,until it was here and working.

If you really have to buy without trying first,do as much research here,and with as many other sources as you can find(sites like www.audioreview.com may be useful,as it's mostly consumer led,and with a US slant,it may also be useful for the subs you are looking at).

What sort of price are the subs as any substantial price difference could swing it? I have a paradigm PS1000 in one of my setups and find it a very good sub for the £100 I paid second hand.I can only conclude the 1200 with its larger driver and amp would be even better.

M&K are also very well regarded subs,although I have not heard one myself.

the subs are £300 and £500 respectivly .....don't know how much they would have cost new ...dose anyone know ??...............thanks for the replys though

Why not consider a new SVS PB10-ISD or BK Monolith both new at around £420,The SVS would come with a 3 yr warranty.There's plenty of feedback on both these excellent subs on the forum,just do a search.

well i did it i bought the paradigm ......still tweeking it .....this is a very large and powerful sub ........sounds a bit boomy ...going to compare it head to head with my old rel strata .......my have to put it on ebay if the rel wins lol

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom