Millennium - ITV4 query

PoochJD

Hi,

Watched the Pilot episode of Season 1 of "Millennium" on ITV4 last night, and it's still a great show as ever, but there's one thing that's been bugging me...

Why have the opening credits been changed?

Whilst some of the original sequence remains, there are new parts included. Particularly noticeable were scenes utilising time-codes on them, etc, and a new font for the cast names?

Also, the famous words used, "Why", "What", "Who cares", appear to have been changed and/ore rearranged.

The credits that ITV4 have used don't come from Season 2 or Season 3, so if anyone can tell me what's going on, I'd be interested to know.

Thanks, in advance.

Pooch

krish

Distinguished Member
no... idea

but if you're interested season 1 is £15.99 at HMV.co.uk.... or really £14.39 if you register with a new email address (as its currently taking off 10% for "new" customers)

never watched it on TV myself, bought all 3 seasons for 15 squid each from Choices a couple of years ago... and from my recollection season 1 and 2 titles are virtually identical, and season 3 has text and image changes to reflect cast and storyline changes

C

Cynthia 7

Hi Pooch,

I couldn't remember how the episodes started before so can't help you on that score. In the closing credits (how I hate that split screen) there is no mention of which Series, possibly because they had no plans then for further Series unless demand warranted this.

I thought at first I had recorded the wrong programme with the glamour pusses prancing around then that lovely music starts and I realised it was "Millenium". Such a great show, Saturday nights will be more interesting in future if we're at home, I shall always record it to make sure I don't miss it.

Mustn't let krish72 seduce me into buying those dvds, it will be nice to have something to look forward to each week until "Medium" and "House" return.

Garrett

I did not see the program but remember the opening credits were very depressing and would make a depressed person think of toping themselves. The images were in black and white of a house and a female and a violin.
Will have to see if I can watch it next week and see the difference.

sleepyone

Is it maybe because its a pilot, have they always been like that on the pilot ep, maybe the credits you remember will start next week with the first PROPER epsiode?

PoochJD

HI,

Thanks for the help so far. The credits should be identical, for all the Season 1 episodes, even though the "Pilot" is usually different. In "Millennium's" case, every episode had the same, identical credit sequence, but the ITV4 version is definitely not the normal "Millennium" one. :confused:

As for being a depressive opening, well, it's certainly sombre and dark, but in my opinion, it's an excellent showcase to highlight the tone of the series, and mark it as very distinctive, and completely unlike "The X-Files".

Anyway, thanks again. :)

Pooch

PoochJD

Hi,

Nope, only the Pilot Episode shown on ITV4 seemed to have been altered. All other episodes shown, have been the original opening credits that we all know and love, and that appear on the UK DVD boxed sets. :)

Maybe the Pilot Episode does actually have a different opening title sequence, but I'm 99% certain that the UK DVD of Season 1, has the Pilot Episode with the same title sequence on all Season 1 episodes! :confused:

Pooch

Garrett

It may have well been that, I remember seein The Prisoner (the very first one) at a screening in Portmerion and though they got a alternate opening sequence and when I saw the re-runs I found the first one was always different.