Millennium Actress Collector's Edition 4K UHD

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Links: alltheanime.com - Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Zavvi

Standard Edition: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Zavvi

Release date: 25/01/2021 (Standard Edition: 06/06/2022)

MA_CE_4K.jpg

MA_CE_4K (contents).jpg

The classic film available for the first-time 4K SDR UHD Blu-ray in a gorgeous Collector's Edition set that also includes the film on Blu-ray and more!

From genius director Satoshi Kon ( Perfect Blue, Paprika), take a journey through cinema history via his unique, world-bending perspective.

On the discs: The film with viewing options in both English and original Japanese with English subtitles on both 4K UHD Blu-ray and regular Blu-ray.

Packaging and Physical Contents: Comes packed in a rigid case with a digipack to hold the two discs.

Also included is a poster (34x41cm) and a 44-page booklet containing in depth articles by Jonathan Clements and Andrew Osmond.

Standard Edition:
MA_4K (standard_edition).jpg

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Looks like they're sending this out now - just got my discs today. Might give the 4k version a try later.

I watched this last night. Not as crazy as Paprika, going more for emotions I think. The 4k looks good but incredibly clean, perhaps even too clean after spending the 90s and 00s watching anime on DVD and "any master will do" blu-rays. Either I'm just plain not used to it or it has been scrubbed up a lot. Either way, didn't spoil the film. The themes are pretty strong. Guess I'm saying I'm not sure how I feel.

Yeah, I agree it seemed suspiciously clean. I'm not sure if DNR is common in anime, but whatever they've done, it gave the film a slightly unnatural feel.

That said, there's still loads of detail and this is easily the best the film has ever looked. This is one anime that deserved the 4k treatment, it is an amazing piece of animation that stands alongside Ghibli's best IMO.

I don't think the film itself is actually quite as good as Kon's other output, but I'll take all of them in 4k, please.

Standard Edition being released in June.
OP updated.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom