Mile 22 Review & Comments

Wow, 3? This looked half decent when I saw a trailer a few months back.

Will definitely give this a miss.

Seen this this afternoon ,really enjoyed this ... At least a 7/10.

Last edited:
I still want to see it (albeit not necessarily at the cinema).

I've just seen the movie and thought it was pretty good. The action would have been so much better without the shaky Jason Bourne camera stuff but a decent movie.

Thanks for the Review. Was Reading about Mark Wahlberg's Workout regime for this Movie, which was very intense. Will rent it when it comes available, not Cinema trip worthy I think

Saw it last night and for me it was a 6/10. Not great and a few massive plot holes, but I wasn't bored and the action was pretty decent for a popcorn action thriller.

Wow, 3? This looked half decent when I saw a trailer a few months back.

Will definitely give this a miss.

Conversely, I'm a "Wow, 3? I'll make a point of checking this one out!"

If nothing else it sets expectations low, so I'm bound to be pleasantly surprised.

Conversely, I'm a "Wow, 3? I'll make a point of checking this one out!"

If nothing else it sets expectations low, so I'm bound to be pleasantly surprised.

This is exactly what I'm thinking! We are rarely impressed with extremely positively reviewed films, and usually disappointed, whereas we've found gems in apparent cinematic dregs. Fingers crossed that this is another (at least) half-decent Wahlberg-Berg (echo in here...?) effort. :)

Dear Hollywood, Wahlberg, Cruise and The Rock aren't the only actors available. :p
Nothing against Marky Mark, he's not a bad actor, just a tad over-exposed.

It's a shame this movie is so bad, I quite fancied it, sounded like a good idea for a story.
Not sure that even Lauren Cohan can lure me in now. I'll wait til it ends up on Netflix.

Dear Hollywood, Wahlberg, Cruise and The Rock aren't the only actors available. :p
Nothing against Marky Mark, he's not a bad actor, just a tad over-exposed.

They bring in the money though. Plenty of actors in Hollywood, but few bankable stars.

The reviews were garbage for this, even before this one. I'll pass.

Son saw this yesterday and said it’s one of the best films he’s ever seen?
I’m seeing it at 7pm
I’ll be back..

Was going to see this at the cinema, might wait for the Blu-ray now.

I’m still totally unpeturbed by the bad reviews.

Saw it today and wife and I both enjoyed it. Nice to see an ‘18’ cert pop up ‘bloody violence’ for an action movie. I say if you fancied it from the trailer then go see it.

I watched it today and i will echo the other comments here:totally recommended for fans of realistic 18 rated shoot them-ups.Yes,the editing is irritatingly choppy,but it is what it is.I wouldnt say it is boring at times as they were not trying to make a movie with one-liners and a Michael Bay sheen and eye candy.A sequel and web mini series are in the works,although the box-office is so-so for now.

I watched it today and i will echo the other comments here:totally recommended for fans of realistic 18 rated shoot them-ups.Yes,the editing is irritatingly choppy,but it is what it is.I wouldnt say it is boring at times as they were not trying to make a movie with one-liners and a Michael Bay sheen and eye candy.A sequel and web mini series are in the works,although the box-office is so-so for now.

Saw it today and wife and I both enjoyed it. Nice to see an ‘18’ cert pop up ‘bloody violence’ for an action movie. I say if you fancied it from the trailer then go see it.

Amen to that. :thumbsup: I lap this shit up. It sounds like its a bit like Peter Berg’s The Kingdom in tone (but hopefully better?).

This film was bad, taken to truly another level by Mark Whalberg spouting absolute drivel for 90 mins. Good violence though.
3/10

This looks like perfect Saturday night popcorn fodder.

But at home on my comfy couch :D

Will defo wait for the Netflix showing.

Uh God I hope Iko Uwais doesn't end up going the same way as Tony Jaa.

Why do we need editing to rival Taken 2+ with Iko fighting?! How on earth can you look at The Raid films and think his fighting needs that kind of treatment.

If a Welsh director with a pocket money budget can rehearse and trust his actors to fight for long takes, then there is no excuse not to do it here.

2/5 for me, would have been one if the action scenes were crap.

Ill lay it out in spoiler just incase.

Started off well and at a nice pace then began that what, 2-3m credit opener crap that started 5-10m after the actual film then after that the film just lost its pulse for the next 45m and made me have bad flashbacks of Red Sparrow.

The film did pick up near the end and the pace kept a consistent pace somewhat and I really enjoyed the plot despite them never figuring out they knew what they were doing despite being an elite black ops sort of team, I mean COME ON after the 20th ambush you have to figure something is up.

I was expecting the travel to take up the majority of the film not the last 20 minutes and honestly the rubber band guy was really ******* me off.

I thought it was great. 8/10 because of the good action that reminded me of the raid and good twist at the end

Last edited:
Just got back from watching Mile 22 and even the 96 minute runtime felt too long as I sat through the tedious blend of Jason Bourne style geeks staring at monitors (even John Malkovich couldn’t bring any gravitas to that dirge) combined with American Assassin gibberish and Lauren Cohan’s rather pointless side story.

The only saving grace was a couple of scenes where Uwais got to display his martial arts skills but sadly those were few and far between.

4/10

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom