1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mikomi or philips 17" widescreen ??

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by jtfab75, Jun 8, 2005.

1. jtfab75

jtfab75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    got enough saved up for a Mikomi from argos or i can stretch for a Philips.
    i have a panasonic dvd recorder e55,pioneer amp and looking to get a pvr,which one will go best with these ?

its for my bedroom ,which is quite small.

thanks
    ps also wanting some nice glass shelves

2. goa

goa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    jamestay1

Go for the Philips if you can afford to. Its picture quality is far superior to the Mikomi. Why don't you go to your local Dixons and compare both screens? Dixons sells the Mikomi under the Techwood brand name. If you decide on the Philips then try and get a pricematch with John Lewis, free five years warrantee is standard with all their tvs.

3. jtfab75

jtfab75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    thanks mate,i have a Philips 20" tv combi which has (and still is) serving me well after 5 years,so i'll prob stick to Philips again.

4. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi jamestay 1,

My son has the exact Philips 20" tv/vcr combi, also five years old and trouble free. At first he thought the picture overbright having watched a very old portable previously but adjustments made it perfect.

I am a fan of Philips and thought to buy this 17PF9946 for the kitchen but my husband says no as our old portable there is still O.K. Damn, I was hoping to get it for my birthday this month! Did you see the Which report, only the Sony had slightly higher marks, and the Sony sound has been criticised by those who bought this model.

One of our members was told by an online supplier that the 17PF9946 was going to be replaced by the 17PF9966. There doesn't seem to be much information about this yet, but if it's correct the existing model will then be cheaper.