MIKOMI or NEVADA

montygew

Standard Member
HI does anybody know if the MIKOMI personal dab radio that ARGOS are selling is the same as the NEVADA ND-01. They look identical to me.

ProfessorYaffle

Novice Member
...the PocketDAB 1500, as it can run for 24 hours on the in-built (but replacable, I believe) rechargable battery pack (as opposed to 6-8 for the Nevada & clones). Also, Sennheiser 'phones - an excellent inclusion!

Lexeus

If it helps my gf just bought the pure 1500 for me for my birthday and it is a great little unit, smaller and much lighter than the old ones were. Charged it up on Sunday when I got it and its still on 2 out of I believe 3 bars despite several hours use, some of which was on full volume outputing to my pc speakers.

Its interface is very responsive and easy to use. DAB and FM both give good results. Listening to the FM as I speak as my XFM DAB reception has been wiped out by the several hundred PC's etc they have in the Electronics department of Southampton uni ;)

the only thing I would add to this unit if I could would be a little bit of flash memory to pause radio or just record a few tracks. I'm guessing there is a model with the ability as there are one or two icons which are never lit on the LCD display which I believe are reserved for this facility :)

good luck with the search :smashin:

EDIT: also forgot to add the battery should be fully replaceable as its just a little battery pack that comes in the box and you plug it into a connector in the back of the unit, i.e. you fit it your self. The electronics actually only take up about 1/4 of the space in the unit, its more the size it is for easy handheld size for interface use. :)

montygew

Standard Member
Thanks for your replies, iv'e gone for the Pure dab1500. While it cuts out often, when it does work the reception quality is good.

Lexeus

It doesn't cut out alot when you aren't moving though does it?? Mine is ok, although it does get the watery effect when I am walking, but thats the cons of Digital to analogue, just like TV, with analogue it just gets a bit distorted, and with digital its perfect or nothing :)

montygew

Standard Member
No it only cuts out when i'm moving about at work. My workmates wonder why i walk sideways with my head tilted back , i don't tell them it's so i can listen to the radio !!!!!! But the football on talksport & five live is far better on DAB. than AM.