Mikomi LCD1701W - Fantastic!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by theoldbill, Nov 3, 2005.

Tags:
  1. theoldbill

theoldbill
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    We're moving house soon and wanted to get 2 LCD's, one for the kitchen and one for the bedroom. We have 14inch CRT's in both locations currently, both fed with the AUX2 from Sky+.

Did a bit of research into smallish sized LCD's and rapidly came to the conclusion that there's too many out there and to stop reading and start buying.

One of my better decisions in life, I have to say!

Decided on the above mentioned Mikomi from Argos, partly due to the fact they advertised on TV as having 20% off LCD's at the moment. This would have reduced the price of two of them to £400 from £500!!!

When I got to the store, the girl on the till didn;t know about the offer - not to worry thought I, I'll buy them then sort out the difference later on and they can just refund my card.

Despite their website stating that the shop only had one in, they actually had two. Lovely! On checking the offer when I returned home, it is only on "selected LCD's".........

That'll teach me not to drink so much when I'm watching TV adverts.

Anyways, I am not bothered in the slightest, oh go on then, maybe a bit, BUT the panel is superb. Even tried it hooked up to me PC, and the picture is spot on.

Currently I have only unpacked one of them for the bedroom, the other can stay nice and safe in it's box till we move in December.

Anyone thinking of buying a smallish LCD as a secondary TV should get out there and try one today! I can post pics if anyone is interested - it's amazing how it has transformed the chest of drawers that it sits on.

Any other Mikomi owners out there that wish to pat me on the back? Maybe we could start a Mikomi Owners Club UK. Ok, maybe not......

2. 4DJ

4DJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I got one of these and initially the power supply socket on the telly was faulty so i took it back.

However i did notice light bleeding in all four corners of that screen.

Got the replacement and socket was fine but again on dark backgrounds in a dark room there is serious light bleeding in all four corners (kind of looks like four mini floodlights in the telly.

Is this happening with yours or was i just unlucky to get 2 duds in a row ?. I can't be arsed top take it back, ts Cool most of the time. Just wondered what you got !?

Cheers

4D

3. theoldbill

theoldbill
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Some light bleeding on mine, not as bad as yours though.

Since posting the above I had to take one of the Mikomi's back. When you turned the volume up there was an interference line across the middle of the screen. Got our money back and bought a 15" 4:3 Alba from Tesco for £180ish - much, much better picture. The Mikomi in comparison is very smeary. Bit of a turn around really, thought the Mikomi was great......... until I saw something better. Pocketed £70 from the refund too!