1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mikomi 20" - lots of light bleeding. Help with alternative needed!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by neil_gilroy, Aug 23, 2005.

1. neil_gilroy

neil_gilroy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I bought a Mikomi 20" from Argos the other day and was generally fairly impressed with the picture (after lots of adjustments to settings). However, after the tv had been on for about 2 hours, I started to see thin white 'smears' at the very top and very bottom of the screen. These are hardly visible when watching something full screen, but very, very obivous when you watch anything in widescreen. I have shown it to a few people more knowlegable than I - and apparently it is something called light bleeding (which makes sense as that is exactly what it looks like).

I took it back to Argos, and got another. Same problem. I even went to a different Argos store in the hope it was 1 dodgy batch.

Can anyone recomend a 20" LCD TV for under £400 which does NOT have this problem? I dont care if the picture is no better than the Mikomi - I can live with that, but the light bleeding is so annoying and ruins the experience. Also, it must have RGB input(s) and ideally work with the VESA LCD brakcet Argos sold me too.

Many, many thanks

Neil