might think about becoming a vegan

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
after watching this ....ugh!

This content may contain material flagged by YouTube's user community that may be inappropriate for some users.

To view this video or group, please verify you are 18 or older by signing in or signing up. If you would instead prefer to avoid potentially inappropriate content, consider activating YouTube's Safety Mode.

Mod comment: not family friendly

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, but please don't.

It's one of the worst things you can do to your body & health!

Sorry, but please don't.

It's one of the worst things you can do to your body & health!

This is a bit of sweeping statement. To head off the inevitable vegan offensive, I suspect it needs to be stated that it is possible to be a pretty healthy vegan but to do so requires a fairly extensive understanding of dietry requirements and what vegan foodstuffs can achieve this. Approaching veganism half heartedly is not a good idea.

All irrelevant to me. I can quite happily spend long periods of time eating vegetarian food (not so much vegan) but the day I wear plastic shoes is the day I have given up on life.

This is a bit of sweeping statement. To head off the inevitable vegan offensive, I suspect it needs to be stated that it is possible to be a pretty healthy vegan but to do so requires a fairly extensive understanding of dietry requirements and what vegan foodstuffs can achieve this. Approaching veganism half heartedly is not a good idea.

All irrelevant to me. I can quite happily spend long periods of time eating vegetarian food (not so much vegan) but the day I wear plastic shoes is the day I have given up on life.

This debate is way to big to be able to talk it out on forums. After reading a few books on the subject (although I am a little biased, I enjoy a rare steak often) then I've reached the conclusion that the vegan lifestyle is in fact, not healthy. The evolution of human beings has had us eat meat as well as vegetables/fruits.

This debate is way to big to be able to talk it out on forums. After reading a few books on the subject (although I am a little biased, I enjoy a rare steak often) then I've reached the conclusion that the vegan lifestyle is in fact, not healthy. The evolution of human beings has had us eat meat as well as vegetables/fruits.

Indeed although not in the quantities we generally do now. The problem with absolutes is that you leave yourself open to exceptions. Some people are healthy as vegans in the same way that huge numbers of notionally omniverous people are not sustainably healthy in any way, shape or form.

Indeed although not in the quantities we generally do now. The problem with absolutes is that you leave yourself open to exceptions. Some people are healthy as vegans in the same way that huge numbers of notionally omniverous people are not sustainably healthy in any way, shape or form.

Absolutely. Extremes are never good, and IMO the 100% vegan lifestyle is not optimal.

The best way for any person is a balanced diet of meat, vegetables, fruits, nuts. Just like we are evolved to eat!

There are a few dedicated vegans around here - they seem to spend 99% of their time scouring shops for things they can eat, reading packets, never coming to restaurants with us because they can't be sure etc etc.

If we were not meant to eat meat , or drink cows milk or eat cheese then surely vegans should be the healthiest people on the planet.

I tried being a vegetarian for 1.5 years actually before eventually succumbing :laugh: Can only imagine the grind to go one step further. I mean some people go to the extent of not eating honey. Sheesh!

Bit silly, giving up..

Milk
Cheese
Yogurt
Butter/spread
Eggs

I tried being a vegetarian for 1.5 years actually before eventually succumbing :laugh: Can only imagine the grind to go one step further. I mean some people go to the extent of not eating honey. Sheesh!

Well who wouldn't like bee vomit?

Natural sweetener and cited as having beneficial properties. What is not to like? :D

Hi LGS

If you are serious about this, could you explain in your own words why you would wish to become a vegan?

Are you already a vegetarian?

It's something to do with the slaughterhouse video he posted that I cut because it had an over 18 warning on it.

Natural sweetener and cited as having beneficial properties. What is not to like? :D

I actually love honey, and it is good for you. Just quoting a bee expert I saw recently on TV telling kids how it was made, and pointing out that they were eating bee sick. Excellent way to sell it to them :rolleyes:

> Exactly, if God hadn't meant us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them taste so good !

Thing is you can apply that to a lot of things :smashin:

Not only couldn't I be a vegan, I couldn't be vegetarian or muslim or jewish either. If one thing is going to get me salivating its the smell of bacon frying and the imminent prospect of a bacon sarney.
Oh God YES!!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom